Position: Preferred Banking Client Services Special Services Associate
Location: New York, NY 10020
Term: 3 Months+
- As a Preferred Banking Client Services Special Services Associate, you are responsible for providing prompt, accurate and courteous response to internal and external preferred banking client’s inquiries. Work effectively with team members to maximize customer service and to resolve client needs. Ask questions to understand client’s full banking needs, interact with other banking departments to ensure complete banking needs are met. Demonstrate versatility and customer responsiveness by performing all department functions as needed. Process transactions accurately and in a timely manner. Responsible for balancing checks and all other transactions. Manage time to efficiently process high volume of transactions by e-mail, phone, fax and in person.
- Process client transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, book transfers, wire transfers, loan funding, advances and payments, Purchasing and selling of foreign currency and foreign drafts, or any other banking needs and able to balance within 30 minutes.
- Assists clients by phone, email and in person with transaction requests and account inquiries and work as a liaison with other departments to meet the client’s needs. Initiate courier service for pick-up and deliveries of customer deposits and documents as needed.
- Order checks, deposit slips and other deposit supplies from our check vendors.
- Work with other departments to assist on the processing of specialized transactions. (Example: loan fees and special business banking capital calls.)
- Be able to navigate research and answer questions using our check image and check 21 programs. Have an understanding on how to read our customer’s documentation using the OnBase program.
- Assist in audit of departments previous days new accounts and maintenance changes to ensure compliance with internal operating procedures.
- Work with internal departments to confirm and update client information, help expedite any research requests and/or refer them to the appropriate department to meet requests in a timely manner.
- Issue Cashier Checks as requested.
- Process account closing as requested.
- Order ATM cards and process Instant Issue request cards as needed. Submit Travel Declaration forms and assist in ATM questions that may be presented by clients. Work with the ATM Dept. to help expedite any issues, questions, or concerns.
- Process Stop payments and Stop Payment releases as requested.
- Process and respond to emails or inquiries form Online Banking, Call Center and other Deposit Services Department.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Organized Time Management skills
- Positive Attitude
- Able lift up to 20 lbs.
- Minimal travel required
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to lift 25-50lbs