Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for this top-ranked U.S. hospital and be part of a larger initiative providing innovative treatments, advanced technology, and collaboration among clinicians and scientists.
Position: COVID Screener
Location: San Francisco, California, 94158
Term: 2 months
- Triages all telephone calls, screening for emergencies and routing all messages, requests for same day appointments, refill requests, etc. to the appropriate box.
- Pend orders (including med refills, referrals, procedures etc.) associate with a diagnosis and route to provider for review and signature (from preference list only)
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- High School graduate or equivalent with four years related experience; or college degree and 6 months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully passes fingerprinting protocol and is approved to be a cash collector
- Strong computer skills, including basic keyboarding skills, and experience with at least two Office-type software programs (i.e., Outlook, Word and Excel). Proven ability to navigate through multiple patient records systems. Able to sit at a computer terminal with telephone headphones for extended period of time.
- Ability to analyze situations, prioritizes tasks, and develops solutions and make recommendations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to use good judgment and work independently, at times under the pressure of deadlines
- Ability to access situations prioritizes workload, develop solutions and make recommendations.
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills, both over the telephone and directly.
- Able to sit at a computer terminal with telephone headphones for extended periods of time.
- Basic math skills required.
- Proven ability to deal with a wide variety of individuals;
- Ability to deal sensitively and effectively with patients.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing skills to include the ability to compose, edit, and proof a wide variety of documents.
- Demonstrated administrative/office coordination skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical practice terminology.
- Within six months of start date, based upon completion of training, the Supervisor, completes the proficiency checklist with the employee. This includes the following areas if applicable
- Pend orders
- Demonstrated experience in health care (may include medical, dental or veterinary) in the following areas: patient scheduling, insurance verification, medial record data abstraction, or patient financial services.
- Prior experience with appointment, ancillary service or surgical scheduling or a combination of all three.
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual capability (Spanish, Cantonese, and Russian) strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with EPIC.
If this looks like a perfect fit, apply today!