Birmingham based company is seeking a Public Relations Coordinator to join their marketing department. The PRC will be responsible for assisting with executing effective marketing content strategies; developing, writing, and posting internal communications; and helping with other communications and public relations as needed.
In addition, the PRC will be working with other marketing members to create content packages for various programs aimed at industrial professionals.
The PRC should possess creative aptitude and strong writing, editing and verbal communication skills, and demonstrate excellent ability to identify new PR opportunities and communicate ideas. The PRC will also be required to complete various administrative tasks within the Marketing scope as part of their daily activities.
- Coordinate trade publication paid-content program projects (including webinars and special reports)
- Internal employee communications writing, editing, and posting
- Identify potential PR opportunities to increase awareness
- Identify and update trade directory listings
- Assist with philanthropic projects/events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience: Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English, or related field
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint; Photoshop a plus
- Professional, self-motivated employee with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership ability
- Exemplary work ethic and decision-making ability
- Strong attention to organization, detail, and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects
- Demonstrated learning agility – ability to pick up new things quickly / desire to learn
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to all levels of employees
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative in managing multiple projects, contributing towards group