Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Power BI Report Developer
Location: Dimondale, MI 48821
Term: 3 months
- Actively participate and collaborate with project team.
- Contribute to the development of reporting standards including user interface design, information architecture, naming conventions, labeling, etc.
- Consume audience requirements and translate those into prototypes and wireframe designs.
- Collaborate with team and stakeholders iteratively to develop Power BI operational reports, Risk Management Scorecards, and dashboards for Executive and Agency Level leadership.
- Design, develop and implement the report delivery mechanisms, including but not limited to, O365 Integration (SharePoint, Teams, etc.), Mobile, PDF tools/integration, etc.
- Ability to deliver data and reporting in various capacities including project level work efforts, day to day operational reporting and ad hoc requests from management/leadership.
- Accordingly, follow the State of Michigan’s Project and Software Delivery Processes (SUITE & SEM).
- Develop necessary and agreed upon documentation and artifacts to support the reporting platform in an operational state.
- Educate report requestors, consumers and stakeholders on PowerBI capabilities and Best Practices.
- Key contributor in design sessions/JAD session with report requestors and consumers.
- Work closely with ETL designers/developers on data requirements and adjustments to data mart.
- Creating PowerBI Reports and Dashboards.
- Execution of Power BI dashboard deployment.
- Optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability and performance.
- Utilization of Gateway services and handling user and app security.
- Understanding the underlying data with ability to map to a dashboard.
- Understanding requirements and ability to visualize the Dashboard.
- Ability to work on different metrics and calculations using Power BI functions.
- Ability to aggregate data for visualization.
- Ability to schedule Dashboard refresh and set up proactive notifications.
- Key contributor to testing and collaborating with report requestors and consumers on bug fixes and adjustments.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing/Analytics and using an industry recognized report development and/or analytics tool.
- 3+ years of recent (last 12 months) experience using PowerBI as primary job function, developing & designing proof of concept and/or prototypes.
- Ability to think through complex problems and develop solutions not explicitly defined in requirement documents and ability to run basic SQL queries.
- Hands on and practical experience in developing Operational Reports and practical experience in developing Executive Level Dashboards.
- Hands on and practical experience in developing Score Cards or similar outputs and practical experience in integration and publication with O365.
Even better if you have:
- Utilization of Gateway services and handling user and app security and experience working in State Government.
- Hands on and practical experience in data architecture and data design and practical experience in ETL design and development (Extract-Transform-Load).
- Hands on and practical experience in database management (DBA) and knowledge and understanding of security metrics and measures.
- Knowledge and understanding of security vulnerabilities and knowledge and understanding of Risk Management and/or Compliance.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!