Our Atlanta-based client is seeking an experienced PowerBI Developer for a long-term contract position in Sandy Springs. This position will assist in the design, development, and administrative control of all BI data extracts and reporting activity
- Consults with supervisor, business users, business analysts, and other developers to gather information about solution intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems
- Works independently to gather requirements, defines designs, configures, develops, tests, and debugs solutions that may include Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) packages that implement complex ETL processes from data in multiple formats and BI reporting.
- Ensures quality and accuracy of the data mapped from staging environments to the Data Warehouse and to external interfaces.
- Ensures that all solutions perform optimally and are tuned for maximum efficiency.
- Enhances and maintains the Tabular model supporting BI reporting
- Provides monitoring and support of existing production ETL jobs.
- Participates and leads in resolution of errors and issues
- Creates end to end test transactions, confirms solutions meets specifications, and identifies and resolves errors
- Writes and maintains documentation of changes to solutions and specifications
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use and support reports and processes
- Maintains a proactive view of future demands from business user’s including incremental or minor fixes that should be implemented in the short-term
- Maximizes productivity through good time management, coordination and communication with others, and commitment to set personal goals and meet delivery dates
- Supports District’s operational units as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in development of BI/Data Warehouse solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse processes and Tabular Modeling concepts, with star and snowflake data models
- Strong skills in utilizing the Microsoft BI stack including Power BI Pro, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Integration Series (SSIS) to deliver BI Solutions. SQL 2012 required and SQL 2017 preferred.
- Strong T-SQL and DAX skills including advanced coding and performance and tuning
- Experience in dealing with complex and dirty data sources originating in multiple formats
- Experience with data modeling, data analysis, data profiling and data mapping
- Must have an understanding of general business practices, business analysis, requirements gathering
- Must have superior problem solving skills and techniques to resolve issues that arise with complex business systems
- Proven experience working with business stakeholders to understand their business intelligence needs and delivering those needs
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with District personnel and work with diverse groups of people
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams as well as independent setting.
- Be self-driven with the desire to achieve measurable, specific results within tight time frames.
- Ability to work under pressure to resolve critical production issues.
- Attendance or parental involvement (PTA leadership or volunteer) in an American school district is required
- Aptitude to understand complex business logic quickly and translate to technical needs.
- Very strong SSIS skills – Validation and dealing with dirty data, error handling, BIML, working with advanced transformations, ability to understand and develop complex SQL queries.
- Very strong SSRS and Power BI skills – Complex data relationships, user based security built into the reports, Drill down, Drill up, tabbed reports and dashboards, tabular modeling skills (using advanced DAX).
- Attendance or parental involvement (PTA leadership or volunteer) in an American school district is required.
- SQL 2017 preferred
- Experience with Azure Data Factory is a plus
- Experience with predictive and prescriptive analytics is a plus
- Experience with Agile development methodology is preferred
- Experience working in an educational environment is preferred
If this sounds like you, apply with MATRIX today!