Rebuild Americas Infrastructure with Our Fortune 200 Materials and Logistics ClientDescription:
The PMO IT Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, budget , status management and completion of IT projects. You would use project management skills to define project approach, identify risk / issues, provide reporting structures and ensure projects are delivered with quality while they are completed within budget, on time and in scope. In the event project forecasts and change request(s) occur indicating a change in scope, budget or time, proper expectation and communication delivery is expected.
A background showing 5-7 years managing large enterprise projects covering the below mentioned areas is required and considered key for this role.
* Managing a multi-disciplinary team across functional work streams in business and IT
* Proven experience managing implementation projects with task/work responsibility shared across multiple system integrators
* Proven experience leading SAP ERP, Microsoft Applications and projects involving business process and/or policy transformational - re-engineering projects
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop project plan in Microsoft Project from team input, tracking plan/ tasks to establishing next steps for team from project plan, reporting weekly on status updates from team.
* Excellent communication, assertive, friendly and approachable with ability to work with many personalities.
* Extremely organized with the ability to be flexible and adhere to the PMO controls to guide a project to a successful conclusion.
* Team player that understands who is responsible, accountable, consulted and informed during a project to help proper lines of communication and work deliverables transact smoothly throughout project process.
* Integrate project plans and schedules to create a cohesive plan with identifiable critical path, task dependencies and major milestones.
* Build project budgets and track project expenses.
* Manage risks and issues logs for project.
* Track project communications, meeting minutes, and major decisions
* Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity from beginning to end.
* Maintain professional communication and working relationships with project stakeholders and team members (including C-level business stakeholders).
* Must have extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (Microsoft Project is a must), resource management practices and change management techniques.
* Must be able to suggest plans to integrate new and existing processes.
* Provides input and supports planning and prioritization for business process engineering related activities, including developing the business unit process engineering plan and integrating that plan with the corporate plan.
* Possesses knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements.
* Participates in continuous review and update to ensure that processes meet changing business unit conditions.
* Project Management - 5-7 years required
* 5-7 years in application / business process type projects with a minimum of 2 years of experience in ERP/SAP project management.
* Active Project Management Professional PMP certification, or working towards
* Experience with a formalized PMO structure and PPM tool such as Microsoft Project Online is a plus
* Concise and diplomatic communication skills