Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: PMO Business Analyst
Location: Huntersville, NC
Term: 6 months
Energy client is seeking a Business Analyst to join their team. The Business Analyst will collaborate with internal PMO team and stakeholders to ensure PMO quality standards are met on high visibility, customer-impacted operational, marketing, and regulatory projects including new process creation, improvement and break-fix changes as the business needs arise. Experience with time-boxed activities that involve deliverables, deadlines and milestones is essential.
- Update the project tracking backlog list with current project information
- Expedite high priority projects as determined by the business
- Facilitate cross-functional team discussions to develop timelines and requirements for assigned projects
- Write and review deliverables for assigned projects
- Create documentation (including meeting notes) and Visio diagrams (as needed) for current and future state processes
- Communicate information relative to the project status to stakeholders and project team
- Gain cooperation and actions from people not under the employees direct control
- Review and provide input on changes to the original work plan
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement planning of assigned projects or processes
- Escalate issues endangering the success of a project immediately to respective stakeholders and gain consensus on corrective course of action
- Facilitate productive project meetings to ensure all project stakeholders understand objectives
- Effectively communicate project information (both written and orally) with all project stakeholders
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all project stakeholders including IT and business
- Track assigned project status from beginning to end
- Collect and analyze data to create project documents and artifacts (including memos, reports, data, etc.) and maintain version control
- Provide feedback relative to the results of the project accomplishments into new project plans
- Coordinate assigned project plan with project manager and stakeholders to ensure effective implementation
- Work with subject matter experts, project managers and operations team to accomplish the goal of projects within the allotted time
- Monitor project activities and initiate activities that support the accomplishment of the work required to meet the project goals.
- Support project managers in gathering, assembling and documenting artifacts as needed
- Provide business analysis and perform business analyst duties on assigned projects.
- Assist the business in writing test cases
- Proactively uncover opportunities for new efforts or enhancement of existing business processes
- Familiarity with agile environments
- Perform other duties as assigned
Position Requirements Education
- Associates degree in Statistics, Project Management, Business, or related field required with additional commensurate experience
- Bachelors degree preferred. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 3 years project coordination may substitute for educational requirement.
- 2-3 years working as a business analyst or performing project-related functions
- Knowledge or utility and/or energy industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to make tough decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; has a bias for action.
- Ability to own and deliver against specific commitments.
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Ability to adapt to new requirements on projects and accept changes in the organization
- Work effectively and build relationships with people at all levels - solid team player who can achieve consensus decisions
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals
- Demonstrated sound business skills necessary to accomplish assigned tasks
- Ability to estimate hours to complete tasks
- Ability to become proficient in the working knowledge of Retail Energy Supply practice and procedures
- Comfortable working with cross-functional business teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, Project, OneNote, SharePoint).
- Must be extremely organized and be able to multi-task among different projects.
- Must be able to manage time, work under pressure and deliver tight deadlines.