Basics: Our client is seeking a talented Platform Engineer who has a history working with DSC and Powershell in an enterprise environment.
Location: Tempe, AZ
Responsible for analysis, design, development, documentation and implementation of solutions to improve service reliability and performance in both an existing on-prem and cloud infrastructure. Help to define and leverage the DSC pipeline to baseline and to improve the existing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with integration and development of DSC and Powershell scripts
- Advanced Powershell development skills.
- Ability to build and manage CI/CD pipelines using Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Vault, Docker, DSC and/or comparable toolsets.
- Experience developing tools and implementing processes to deploy internally developed applications.
- Experience with automated unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Experience with private/public cloud deployments. (AHV, Azure, AWS)
- Experience designing and implementing AWS Appstream or comparable services.
- Ability to work closely with development teams on platform architecture to accelerate delivery of custom solutions.
- Experience automating the creation, maintenance and monitoring of a variety of production and test environments.
- Ability to diagnose complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors.
- Ability to create constructive data analysis from logging platforms. (SolarWinds, SIEM, Splunk)
- Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgresQL, or other relational database experience.
- Experience with administration of Windows Server through WinRM, SSH and containerization.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or closely related field AND eight (8) years experience in server/network administration -OR-
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- A history working with DSC and powershell in an enterprise environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.