Platform Lifecycle Manager (Product Manager)
Contract to Hire
Target Remote Location(s): Redwood City, CA, Boston, MA, Madison, WI
The Platform Lifecycle Manager (Product Manager) will be directly responsible for strategy development and lifecycle management of the assigned products under the Data & Analytics platform. These includes products under Business Intelligence, Data Applications, Master Data Management and Advanced Analytics tracks. This role is expected to enable the optimal data and analytics solutions to address business challenges, critical decisions, operations, and business management. This individual will accomplish these tasks by relying on a deep understanding and knowledge of internal customer needs, industry trends and best practices, as well as establishing short and long-term objectives and plans that transform strategy into clear, measurable results.
This position collaborates with the Data Services Product Management leadership to influence executives, senior management, and development teams with a value-based outcome driven approach. Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential to the success of this position, as well as the ability to distill complex information from multiple sources into clear, compelling and actionable business cases.
- Maximize the value of Data and Analytics Platform services by developing and maintaining the long-term and short-term platform service strategy, including multi-generational roadmap.
- Establish clear release plans and KPIs for enhancements and features.
- Support system functions working in Finance, Revenue, Commercial Lab, Executive Management and Commercial areas.
- Prioritize opportunities to build, cultivate and maintain business processes and build the business case to inform further project and resource investments accordingly.
- Support the Data Services Product Management leadership to analyze and incorporate the impact of key industry trends, customer needs, and available offerings to develop differentiated roadmaps, new features and functionalities, and recommendations for investments to sustain existing product growth and volume.
- Provide product management leadership through the Product Lifecyle from concept to release and obsolescence, as an integral member of a cross-functional team, including leading voice of customer sessions, product/service definition, documenting product features and performance requirements, tradeoffs, service value proposition and business cases.
- Collaborate with the product owners throughout the business to align product backlog, prioritization, and dependencies.
- Manage projects and features from inception to launch based on market research, competitive analysis and feedback from customers and stakeholders.
- Build relationships with key leaders and business stakeholders to support platform objectives.
- Monitor and optimize existing services, including maintaining product requirement and roadmaps, monitoring service delivery and quality issues, and monitoring solution landscape.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Grow to mentor and people manage a small team of Business Analysts on the Data and Analytics Platform team.
- The Platform Lifecycle Manager is expected to have broad knowledge of the healthcare landscape, software development, commercialization of products, and familiarity with the clinical and technical aspects of product development in healthcare/life sciences industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Computer Science/Information Management or Business Management or related field.
- 7+ years of general relevant industry experience in the product management of a technical solution or technology services.
- 5+ years in enterprise data management in the diagnostic, Pharma, Life Sciences, or medical device field with a career emphasis on data analysis and analytics.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques.
- General understanding of biology, diagnostics and medical devices.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- 5+ years of experience in Commercial workflows and processes including Customer Services, Revenue Forecasting, Sales Management, Sales Operations.
- 2+ years of strong product management background.
- 2+ years of experience with commercial processes in multiple markets including those outside of the USA.
- 2+ years of experience with business development; including in-licensing and external partnerships.
- 2+ years of experience with software development and project management methodologies in regulated environments (FDA, ISO, CE, SOX CLIA, IVDD/R, GDPR).
- Prior Business Intelligence or Business Analyst experience in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, or Healthcare industry.
- Well versed in user experience, agile delivery methodologies, and have a data-driven approach to decision making.
- Master’s degree.