Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Oracle DB Developer
Location: 1401 E Broad St, Richmond, VA
Term: 12 months
PL/SQL Developer to join the Roadway Network System (RNS) and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) teams in EDM (Enterprise Data Management).
The Information Technology Division meets VDOT's critical business needs by improving agency responsiveness, effectiveness and efficiency, through innovative research, defined architectures, planning, and optimal use of technology.
RNS provides universal enterprise data access by linking geospatial and business attributes to roadway centerlines via a web-based application. Resource Need:
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Information Technology Division is seeking an PL/SQL Developer to join the Roadway Network System (RNS) and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) teams in EDM (Enterprise Data Management).
The selected candidate will write and maintain/extend existing PL/SQL code to convert initial data sets, system enhancements, reports production, and improved transaction editing.
The selected candidate will
* Write and maintain/extend existing PL/SQL code to convert initial data sets, system enhancements, reports production, and improved transaction editing.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, may lead and direct the work of others, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Develop database packages, procedures, functions, and queries to maintain production data and address RNS production support tickets and provide development support.
Emphasis on system interoperability, associating road edge vectors with tables defining route/street paths and intersections, and production-quality periodic load/import and problem diagnosis.
* Generate edit lists where manual route associations are required.
* Archive changes to a historical database.
* Archive changes for synchronization with external databases.
* Changes in route and street paths will cause cascading changes to events associated with route/street paths.
Procedures will be developed to migrate these changes or notify business users based on type of edit and business rules.
* Develop procedures to populate and update a separate de-normalized database for reporting purposes from the transaction database. * Use Microsoft Team Foundation Server for source code management and team collaboration
* Communicate effectively via email and in person with technical staff, management and business stakeholders as needed in the course of performing job duties.
* Participate in code reviews and be familiar with industry best practices coding standards.
* 8 to 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area
* Knowledge of and experience with the following technologies:
Oracle 11g/12c PL/SQL Toad SQL SQL Developer SQL Loader Source Code and Team Management software (TFS preferred) IBM Infosphere ETL Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires a fingerprint-based background check.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
Oracle 11g/12c PL/SQL Toad SQL SQL Developer SQL Loader Source Code and Team Management software (TFS preferred) IBM Infosphere