Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: People Operations Service Center Associate
Location: Remote - Local to Dallas
Term: 6 months (5/3/2021 to 10/29/2021)
- The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support, handle incoming calls and email correspondence from employees and field Human Resource Managers regarding Payroll, Time & Labor and company policy/procedures questions.
- Handles incoming telephone calls / emails in accordance with service model.
- Responds to general inquiries concerning transition activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Creates electronic record to capture customer interactions; provides quality service and resolve efficiently.
- May provide assistance with HR Service Center projects, as needed, to support Payroll and other departments.
- Works with HR Managers to administer the on-boarding process including new employee orientation, verification and processing of employee paperwork, and liaisons with supervisors and team leaders to establish a positive start for new employees.
- Coordinates with internal shared services to ensure all aspects of transitions are covered including payroll, benefits, recruiting, etc.
- May perform administrative duties specific to department such as conducting research, updating standard templates and reports, and preparing collateral materials.
- May arrange meetings and conferences, schedule appointments, and complete travel or conference arrangements.
- Types, formats, produces and distributes documents such as meeting minutes, recruiting documents, presentations, correspondence and standard reports.
- Copies and files all documents.
- Establishes and maintains record keeping and filing systems; classifies, sorts and files correspondence, records and other documents.
- Carries out special projects and assignments as requested.
- Other duties may be assigned. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years experience in HR industry plus customer service experience.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in PeopleSoft, and other internal web based applications.
- Requires strong analytical and proofreading skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize competing duties.