Terrific FTE Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Our client is a diversified, global portfolio of niche brands and businesses that manufactures highly engineered products and solutions for our customers. They are committed to generating superior shareholder returns by combining a unique management style of decentralization, entrepreneurial spirit, active mergers and acquisitions, and a balanced approach to capital deployment, all with a culture of continuous improvement as embodied in the company culture. Markets include commercial roofing, specialty polyurethane, aerospace, medical, defense, transportation, industrial, protective coating, auto refinishing, agriculture, mining, and construction.
Position: Payroll Supervisor
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 (DOE) + annual bonus
The Payroll Supervisor will lead and supervise 9+ members of the payroll team both remotely and in-house. This role will actively lead recruiting, on-boarding, performance evaluations, goal-setting, and disciplinary actions in accordance with company policy. The Payroll Supervisor will oversee the daily workflows of the department to meet processing timelines for the organizations 17+ payrolls, plan for coverages and upcoming payroll - relative/impacted events for weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payrolls for US and Canada. This role will also own the regular evaluation of compliance and SOX requirements that ensure the integrity of company internal controls and SOD initiatives.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
· Oversees procedures and processes and manages inquiries and requests related to preparation and distribution of payroll.
· Processes payroll transactions for the Executive team for 4 divisions.
· Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
· Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
· Identifies and recommends updates to payroll software, systems, and procedures.
· Prioritizes the focus of the group to meet department and organizational goals.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Travel 10%
Skills and Abilities
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficient with ADP software.
· Familiarity with equity processing
· Experience with large corporations
· Experience with California payroll processing
· Strong communication skills both oral/written
· M&A experience+
· ADP Vantage experience+
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
· Four years of experience in payroll processing required with two years in a supervisory or management role.
· CPP designation is preferred
· Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
This position requires a high degree of ability to exchange ideas/information with others, exercise complex decision making and problem solving skills, and recall and use acquired knowledge on a routine basis.
Ability to sit for long periods of time and regular use of computer and phone are also required.