Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Payroll Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, 30309
Term: 12 months
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll impacting changes, tax forms, payments and payroll processing for assigned clients.
- Responsible for quality control and auditing to ensure accuracy and low error or defect percentage; corrects data as needed.
- Produces timely and accurate gross to net processing and pay distribution.
- Performs other day to day payroll processing activities or administrative duties as directed by Sr. Manager, Payroll.
- Specific Tier 1 duties performed may include but not be limited to:
- Responding to Tier 1 Case Inquiries.
- Employee Payment Corrections.
- Employee Proration Pay Calculation.
- Time & Attendance Interface File Transmission verification and correction.
- Input of Local Payroll Information into payroll systems/templates.
- Works within Payroll and cross-functional internal business partners (Finance and HR) to resolve Tier 1 employee payroll matters, inquiries, problems and to execute the Time to Pay process flawlessly.
- Follows payroll-related compliance policies, procedures, and processes.
- Identifies and presents solutions for continuous payroll process improvement.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Payroll Skills: 3-5 years of experience performing payroll specialist activities in the US and Canada.
- Analytical Skills: Proficiency with analytical tools & advanced features used for comparison/auditing of data; Technology aptitude/experience; ability to understand & recognize the value of payroll input/output data & what it says about the process.
- Cross-Functional Relationship Building: ability to work across internal functional lines to resolve problems; demonstrated strong team player skills.
- Business Acumen: understanding of our underlying business in order to assess how to better leverage existing, new, or standardized processes.
- Communication: Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, technically, and effectively with internal and external partners; ability to listen closely and process input from others.
- Partnership: the ability to collaborate with others to understand and mitigate risks and to solve/resolve problems; action oriented.
- Continuous Improvement: Has ‘root cause’ analysis skills required to identify opportunities for improvement in everyday activities.
- Customer-Service Mindset: Service-oriented; customer service aptitude; a focus on delivering and maintaining high-quality services, processes and activities.
- Vendor Management: Ability to work with external partners to ensure appropriate service and response levels
- Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties).
- Clear understanding of payroll, benefits, and taxations; and an understanding of applicable legislative or other regulatory requirements.
- Competency in Microsoft Office (entire suite).
Even better if you have:
- An Associate’s Degree and/or equivalent payroll work experience preferred
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or the Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation.
- End-to-end payroll experience.
- ADP payroll experience.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!