Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Term: 3 months (4/21/2021 to 7/15/2021)
- Project specific activity - dates audit
- Reviewing and validating critical dates in lease forms - salesforce, apex, google sheets, smart sheet, lead server.
- Written and verbal communication
- Provides legal support services to attorneys in the form of basic legal research, drafting of legal and business communications, and general file management.
- Provides legal and litigation support by assisting attorneys with complex caseload research, subject and topic research, and briefings of court cases.
- Researches court filings.
- Assists attorneys with arbitration hearings by preparing meeting minutes, organizing and assembling exhibits, and maintaining files.
- Processes various claims on behalf of the organization.
- Coordinates the company's response on how to handle deposition subpoenas, production of business records, and who is required to represent the company for court appearances.
- Confers with insurance adjusters, outside counsel, and internal risk management regarding the status of insurance defense matters.
- Prepares quarterly insurance status report.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers.
- May coordinate work and assign tasks.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Abstraction Experience
- Real Estate contract experience
- Associate of Arts Degree and a minimum of 2 years of litigation paralegal experience with a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Certification in Paralegal studies or comparable combination of education and training.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
- Requires basic analytical skills.
- Strong background and experience of a variety of software, including MS Office Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to create charts and graphs. Must have general knowledge and experience with the Internet.
If this looks like a perfect fit, apply today!