Job Title: Outside Plant Construction Manager
Location: Knoxville, TN
Term: Contract to hire
Job Description: Our client is seeking an OSP Construction Manager, a senior supervisory level management position providing leadership for Supervisors supporting multiple Construction and Field Operations Crews. The team supports wireline construction projects including telephone, fiber engineering and construction projects in multiple municipalities primarily in the outside plant (OSP) networks. The position is responsible for supervising personnel that lead the day-to-day operations and job completions, and for OSP Supervisors manager. The OSP Construction Manager will be responsible for the overall project administration, coordination, scheduling and on-site construction activities. The OSP Construction Manager will also ensure projects comply with cost, revenue, and customer satisfaction. This includes managing schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to the stakeholders. A primary job responsibility will be to keep the Field Operations Crews coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines as well as to facilitate the daily interaction with the sub-contractors and Tier 1 providers.
Daily Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring all subordinate organizations provide quality work on time and on budget
- Responsible for cross functional coordination to ensure build/schedule align with customer priorities
- Construction, review and implementation of key performance metrics (Build production, Overage Job Management, Market Productivity, Etc.)
- Customer Escalations/Roadblock mitigation
- Examine estimates of material, equipment, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Liaise with estimating to ensure projects comply with cost, revenue, and schedule
- Manage project documentation and ensure as-built reflect all field changes
- Ensure construction quality and testing to meet service requirements
- Provide leadership too and mentor field supervisors
- 15+ years of telecommunications experience
- 5+ years as a supervisor over OSP teams
- 3+ years of experience managing a tiered Outside Plant organization including OSP Supervisors and their crews
- 2+ years of experience managing project budgets or related financial experience
- Expertise in construction services: Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, vendor equipment requirements, and antennas
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to think critically, anticipate opportunities for improvement, forward thinking
- Project and/or customer experience with federal, state, local governments.
- Proven Safety record, documented training and knowledge of OSHA requirements.