Job Title: OSP Quality Control Inspector
Job Location: Nashville, TN
Duration: 6 Months
Job Description: The OSP Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for inspecting fiber work, correcting defects and documenting the work inspected. This work will be performed in the utility right-of-way along streets and Highways. The employee will be expected to work in the area using all required client safety practices.
- Work with construction drawings to locate, inspect, verify, tag and document the quality of the work
- Work in a field environment with work to include
- Open concrete hand hole up to 75 lbs.
- Walk extended miles each day,
- Squatting and kneeling,
- Getting in and out of 3-foot-deep hole in ground,
- Drive into the ground an 8-foot copper ground rod.
- Use smart phone or tablet to capture pictures and GPS locations using an APP.
- Communicate effectively with project managers, construction managers and Field Supervisors.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Valid Driver’s License
- 5 plus years of fiber splicing and OSP inspection experience
- Working knowledge of telecom fiber engineering practices, designs, specs and related documents
- Demonstrated ability to inspect fiber installation work, correct defects and document the work inspected
- Demonstrated ability read fiber construction drawings and write up results of inspection
- Ability to use Smart Phone or Samsung Tablet to record results and send to client stakeholder
- Ideally, previous work experience associated with cable, wireless, cellular or other utility infrastructure industries
- 1-2 years of experience interpreting telecom construction drawings
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs
- Ability to walk up to 5 miles a day
- Ability to squat and kneel multiple times throughout the day