Job Title: OSP Fiber Engineering Manager
Job Location: Miami, FL
U.S. Citizen Preferred
Term: 6 months temporary to permanent
Job Description: The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the client’s geographical area to ensure we understand their requirements while focusing on overseeing our partner engineering firms’ design and deliverables. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the overall project administration, coordination, scheduling and on-site construction activities including invoice validation. In addition to GIS experience, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for design quality control, and the accuracy of the records for service turn-up
- Engineering Manager will coordinate with client to ensure we meet their requirements
- Provide oversight on engineering firm’s designs to deliver the best/least cost solution.
- Coordinate/schedule with the Engineering & Construction Leads for timing, execution, and closeout of individual projects.
- Ensure GIS records are posted correctly
- Lead weekly meetings with the client and project teams.
- Ensure design quality and records accuracy for service turn-up
- Invoice validation including review drawings and identify conflicts/issues.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- 5+ years of proven Telecom construction project experience.
- 3+ years of proven supervisory experience.
- Advanced experience with GIS, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate experience in schedule management.
- Project and/or customer experience with federal, state, local governments.
- Proven Safety record, documented training and knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- 10 or more years of construction project experience.
- Bilingual - Spanish
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or a related field of study.