Job Title: OSP Engineering Manager
Job Location: New Orleans, LA
Start Date: 9/28/2020
Term: 6 months with possibility of extension
Job Description: The OSP Engineering Manager will be responsible for overseeing the partner engineering firms’ design and deliverables for fiber installations. The OSP Engineering Manager will be responsible for the overall project administration, coordination, scheduling and on-site construction activities including invoice validation. The OSP Engineering Manager will be responsible for design quality control, and the accuracy of the records for service turn-up.
- Coordinate with clients to ensure requirements are identified and met
- Provide oversight on engineering firm’s designs to deliver the best/least cost solution
- Coordinate/schedule with the Engineering & Construction Leads for timing, execution, and closeout of individual projects.
- Ensure GIS records are posted correctly
- Lead weekly meetings with the client and project teams
- Ensure design quality and records accuracy for service turn-up
- Invoice validation including review drawings and identify conflicts/issues
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
- 10+ years of proven OSP Telecom construction project experience
- 3+ years of proven supervisory experience including experience managing partner/vendors doing design and construction work
- Proven project experience with telecom zoning and permitting/pole permitting
- Advanced experience with GIS, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Intermediate experience in schedule management
- Project and/or customer experience with federal, state, local governments
- Proven Safety record, documented training and knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Previous OSP Engineering experience with AT&T in the New Orleans market
- 10 or more years of construction project experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or a related field of study is preferred