Position: Order Entry Technician
Location: Boise ID 83713
Term: 3 months (03/22/2021 to 06/25/2021)
- Calculates and/or verifies the correct dosage based on the prescription
- Enters new and refill orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process orders based on the priority assigned Batch and print labels, forms and delivery tickets Prepare backup pharmacy orders
- Comply with a process that addresses all state and federal guidelines regarding medication labeling.
- Provide dispensing pharmacists with information regarding allergies and drug interactions, therapeutic duplications, and other items that the computer flags.
- Courteously assists all internal and external customers Consult with dispensing pharmacist regarding prescription order clarification, non-stock items, order entry problems or concerns.
- Complete all data fields according to pharmacy procedures including use of approved abbreviations.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Assist with pharmacy workflow as needed
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
- Management Responsibilities: None
- Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed.
- Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required.
- May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion.
- Visual acuity to see and read fine prints.
- Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to hear normal voice sounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
- Work Environment: Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internal environment.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Good interpersonal skills Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be flexible
- Good organizational skills and detail oriented
- Knowledge of medical terminology (including sig codes and Roman numeral), brand and generic names of medications and general pharmacy terminology
- Ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently when inputting information
- Ability to maintain composure on phone when handling customer calls.
- Licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law
- Basic math and analytical skills Intermediate typing/keyboarding skills Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English
- High School diploma or equivalent