Long term contract Opportunity!
Title: Entry Level Oracle Developer
Location: Memphis, TN 38125
Term: 7 Months Contract to hire
- Serves as IT Analyst Associate for assigned projects if applicable.
- Assists in performing moderately complex analysis of data and system, including loading and balancing creation of derived fields and formatting, process flows and data diagrams.
- Assists in performing all development tasks required to ensure the accuracy of each software program within the specified timeframes.
- Works closely with management on assigned projects from inception through implementation ensuring adequate internal communication and user involvement is maintained.
- Analyzes client and customer needs as required; assists in the requirement process, development, unit testing of simple to moderately complex code.
- Proactively obtains information needed for the successful development of software programs.
- Programs and tests using Informatica, PL/SQL, Progress and other programming languages as specified.
- Completes required documentation as needed to provide a full and clear history of development and changes.
- Assists in investigating issues and developing resolution in a timely manner with a technical author.
- Follows pre-established departmental standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development; adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
- Provides feedback and suggestions to improve process to IT management/Team Lead.
- Works closely with project managers to meet and complete project milestones accurately and on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as needed.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Entry level programmer with knowledge on Oracle PL SQL, or SQL
- Knowledge of Informatica and SQL
- Working knowledge of UNIX command line interface
- Strong knowledge of PL/SQL or similar procedural language
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ingenuity and creativity
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Analytical capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Tenacity and patience
- Understanding of business processes and constraints
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- Specific knowledge of Oracle databases, PL/SQL, C#/C++/C, Open Source, Korn Shell Script, Perl or Progress 4GL highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Major in information systems or computer science preferred
- Language development courses in a relevant and applicable language and/or business analytical experience preferred
- Education in interpreting user requirements, business applications design and development of business applications strongly preferred
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!