Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Data Modeler
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Term: 24 months
The Data Modeler must have extensive knowledge in the areas of data modeling, cross-application data standards, data distribution standards, and tuning strategies. You should have worked in multiple projects through software development processes and built logical/physical data models leveraging the tools.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in Oracle data modeling and database design using data modeling tools like Erwin. Erwin is preferred
- 7+ years of Oracle PL/SQL experience
- 7+ years of experience in Data Model for application data structures (data mart and semantic layer).
- 5+ years of experience in Designing Model and designing the application data structures (data mart and semantic layer).
- 5+ years of experience in assist in determining the cross-application data standards, data distribution standards, and tuning strategies.
- 5+ years of experience in working with the integration architects and designers to design the integration solution.
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis and documentation
- 3+ years of experience in data warehousing and ETL techniques
- 3+ years of experience in conducting analysis and articulating business entities and descriptions in
- Experience in reporting and data visualization skills using software like Tableau or OBIEE- Tableau preferred (currently using OBIEE but moving to Tableau)
- Experience working with the lines of business users, enterprise lead architect, and designers,
- Experience in define the data requirements and structure for the application.
- Experience in leading database analysis and design team.
- Working experience to ensure that the developers and database administrators responsible for developing the database thoroughly understand the requirements and designs.
- Experience in participating in quality management reviews and defining quality policy.
- Experience and ability to develop relational, hierarchical and dimensional data models.
- Experience conducting analysis and articulating business entities and descriptions in both functional and technical nomenclature.
- Demonstrate ability to develop or revise the database architecture per data requirements.
- Experience in able to convert data and related techniques to acquire data needed to support testing, training, and other application development activities.
- Demonstrate strong capabilities to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established architecture standards.
- Proficient in documenting and communicating progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks, escalating them as needed.
- Experience in data warehousing, Business Intelligence and OLAP strategies is a strong plus.
Nice to Have
- Banking or Financial Services Experience