Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Oracle Support
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, 28262
Term: 12 months
- This position will play a key technical role and be responsible for supporting and maintaining a large complex Oracle DB based datamart within Enterprise Finance Technology, with concentration on General ledger, Gl Tools and Reconciliation. GLODS system is built as a highly complex specialized Datamart-centric software solution, with emphasis in the areas of general ledger systems and tools, as well as OLTP applications and data warehousing. The team has enterprise-wide exposure internally to senior management, lines of business and compliance / audit functions and externally to regulatory agencies.
- Provides the highest technical expertise for the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class database, engaging with DBA teams, architecture, Scrum Master, QA, BSA, Product and supporting teams to create efficient and consistent solutions.
- Assures successful sprint and release planning following agile development methodology.
- Leads the most complex or critical data/ database management initiatives that typically involve multiple disciplines and multiple business groups, including database architecture, design, integration, and/or data modeling.
- Assists operations team in database installations, including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Recommends improvements to web application processing issues and design.
- As the recognized technical expert, consults extensively with multiple client groups to provide strategic solutions, influencing long range internal and enterprise-level data/ database architecture and management strategies.
- Designs and certifies next generation database technologies related to Oracle 18 and 19C, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS, AWS RedShift, MongoDB, CouchBase, Vertica etc.
- Oracle Streams, High Availability systems, Partitioning, Data Guard/Standby Database, Change Data Capture, Data Warehousing.
- Handles multiple/conflicting projects and deadlines.
- Works on call and provides 24/7 production support.
- Communicates with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators on a variety of technical issues. Interacts with customers (internal / external) to meet process deliverables.
- Provides technical leadership and recommendations into the future direction of database technology.
- Mentors and trains DBA operations team with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of databases, provide knowledge transfer on a regular basis.
- Develops best practices and enforce these standards across the team.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- This technology role requires strong big-data technology expertise and domain expertise in Finance data.
- 5+ years application support, development and/or implementation experience.
- Experience 5+ years of advanced scripting experience using Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java, or PL-SQL
- Technology 5+ years of Oracle DB experience
- Technology 5+ years of Autosys experience or an equivalent product
- Experience 2+ years of experience with Remedy or equivalent asset management system
- 7+ years of database (DB) technologies experience
- 3+ years of Logical + Physical Data Modeling experience
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Banking finance experience
- Agile Methodology (Scrum and Kanban) experience
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and tools
- Strong technical and task/timeline-oriented skills
- Experience implementing new technologies
- Experience managing one or more industry-standard development tools or scripting languages
- Experience with large data sets, transactional platforms, or a combination of both