Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Oracle Database Administrator
Location: Atlanta, GA 30303
Term: 12 months
- Conduct regular system tuning, performance monitoring, maintenance, and backups to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure database connectivity from applications and devices is reliable and free of errors.
- Perform troubleshooting actions when database problems arise.
- Create reports and fulfills custom requests for users.
- Assist with user support as needed.
- Maintain availability after hours/occasionally work on weekends to perform database maintenance as needed.
- Research technology solutions.
- Diagnose database issues and performance issues.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolution for database incidents.
- Serve as a technical expert in the area of Oracle Applications and database administration.
- Help to resolve the database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Manage and monitor and system performance.
- Set up database user accounts.
- Working with Oracle Support.
- Continuously learn new technologies and techniques to apply to product solutions.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field OR an Associate degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7 years of extensive experience working with SQL analysis, performance, debugging, and recommendations.
- 7 years of experience with Oracle troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- 7 years of experience with Oracle 12c, 19c database software and features.
- 7 years of experience with Oracle 12c, 19c RAC, and Cluster ware.
- 7 years of experience with OEM and management packs.
- 7 years of experience with vendor products used to support the database, such as Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Security, RMAN, and Active Directory.
- 7 years of experience working on various systems on a Microsoft platform and Linux Experience developing, documenting, and enforcing DBA standards.
- 7 years of experience collaborating and managing database in AWS environment.
- 7 years of experience with Oracle Database Vault, Data Redaction, and Fine Grain Auditing. Unix/Linus shell scripting experience.
- 10+ years’ experience supporting database systems.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Attention to detail, diligence, and punctuality to accurately document database status.
Even better if you have:
- AWS certification
- AWS RDS experience
- Experience with Linux Administration.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!