Job Title: Optical Networking Resident Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
The Optical Networking Engineer role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities from optical DWDM network strategy, design and engineering, implementation and migration planning, service design and proof of concept, implementation, testing, optimization services, customer training and advice and on-site support. Engineer provides consultative support to external customers and internal customer delivery, marketing and systems engineering groups, to scope and deliver professional service projects.
The ideal candidate has previously performed "resident engineer", or "tier 3/tier 4 advanced technical support", or "lab approval" role.
- Development of optical DWDM network architecture and service designs.
- Produce network implementation and migration plans.
- Configure equipment and services.
- Test and support networks in various stages of development.
- Produce and review technical statement of work documentation.
- Deliver training.
- Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, manageability, security and best practices.
- Formulate network management strategies.
- Provide recommendations to optimize the network operations and performance.
- 7+ years relevant hands-on work experience in configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting Long Haul and/or Metro Optical DWDM networks.
- 3+ years experience in using optical design tools to generate design packages, manage optical power budgets, and in-depth knowledge of different types of amplifiers.
- 3+ years experience in using optical network management systems.
- Nokia product knowledge: 1830 PSS, 1350 OMS, EPT and CPB tools.
- Experience with implementation of GMPLS and CDC technologies is a plus.
Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.