Position: Operations Specialist
Location: San Francisco, CA
Term: 7 Months
- As the FX Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for confirmation and settlement processing for all foreign exchange products. That will include researching and responding to any FX settlement-related inquiries received from other companies, clients or financial institutions and following loss prevention procedures for all incoming and outgoing wires.
- Process and settle all foreign exchange transactions, including confirmations, reconciliations, investigations, risk, credit reporting and problem resolution.
- Maintain lines of communication with Correspondent companies where nostros and settlement occurs and participate in the organization's initiative to implement new projects and systems while promoting continuous improvement.
- Confirm all FX trades by phone, SWIFT or online and closely monitor all outgoing wires for potential fraud.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding risk analysis of trades/wires, including OFAC and Dodd Frank regulations.
- Process all trades and wires within the established SLA following procedures and controls.
- Handle all FX trades wire tracers and investigations received from other companies, clients or internal departments.
- Ensure timely resolution and correction of all incoming foreign funds, unclaimed funds or ?unable to be applied? funds.
- Understand regulatory guidelines and stay informed of trends and changes related to FX operations in order to act as a resource for entry-level colleagues and provide back-up support for all job functions within the department.
- Handle escalated issues, resolve problems effectively and determine when it is necessary to involve management.
- Work collaboratively to resolve complex issues and/or errors that impact customers or place the client at risk if not appropriately managed.
- Monitor and deliver SWIFT messages for the entire company.
- Review the daily reconciliation for all FX trades and FX wire exceptions to ensure accuracy of balances and posting of FX trades and wires, including working a flexible schedule to meet goals and daily business requirements.
- Create daily and on-demand reports that include the daily metrics, Mark-to-Market Reports, FCA statements and Nostro Balance reports. Prepare and submit AML (Anti-Money Laundering) certification to the Compliance Department.
- Adhere to the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as policies and procedures.
- Identify and report suspicious activity to the Anti-Money Laundering Officer.
- Know and verify the identity of any client who enters into a relationship.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- A basic knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products, along with experience in foreign exchange settlement and SWIFT messaging The ability to multi-task under pressure and tight time constraints, performing effectively in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment, working efficiently both independently and in a team environment Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interact effectively with salespeople, client service and banking colleagues
- An orientation toward being a team player and providing extraordinary service while furthering the our Customer culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.