Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Avaya Engineer
Location: Durham, NC 27713
Term: 9 Month Contract
Pay Rate: $76.67 per Hour
- Provide engineering design and configuration for systems in line with CUSTOMERS’ goals and requirements
- Lead complex projects
- Evaluate new technical requirements for compatibility with deployed system design
- Evaluate new products for compatibility and applicability to the CUSTOMERS’ enterprise
- Maintain current knowledge base regarding complex routing, switching, wireless, security and voice design and configuration for Avaya and Hosted Unified Communications
- Provide high-level technical & engineering support for voice/data/data center/wireless/security database configurations, troubleshooting, and service restoration
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues and make recommendations in workflow, process and system design changes
- Provide high-level off-hours support on a rotating basis with other on-site engineers
- Develop and oversee subordinate level technical methods, procedures, and assist with complex technical solution designs. Develop & document process flows.
- Monitor and analyze performance across the organization's Voice Network
- Identify capacity and performance issues for communications traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of communications systems.
- Conduct testing of disaster recovery plans as it pertains to communication equipment to detect faults, and minimize malfunctions.
- Maintain network monitoring applications, equipment and utilities as needed.
- Create and maintain network documentation and reports as required
- Act as liaison between CUSTOMERS’ and other network vendors (e.g. Cisco, Juniper & Avaya) on high-level support issues.
- Provide direct interface with other CenturyLink departments in support of the CUSTOMERS’ network
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Minimum 8 years experience in related voice and call center administration work
- Avaya Voice / VOIP / SIP / ANALOG experience
- CISCO VOIP
- Expert at Avaya CMS (Call Management System) and other call center configurations, programming, and management / CISCO Unified Contact Center Express
- Strong Avaya experience
- TDM, IP-PBX, and VM/UM integration
- PRI, Digital, Analog, VOIP, IP Telephony, POE, H323, SIP (station and trunking)
- Ability to design, administer, troubleshoot, and support dial-plans and call flows/vectors
- Administer and provide break/fix support (including working with clients, vendors, and partner teams in person and over the phone) for sophisticated telephony and collaboration environments
- Engineering and supporting legacy Avaya PBX solutions (PRI, Analog, Digital)
- Engineering and supporting IP Avaya PBX solutions (VOIP, SIP (station and trunking), H323)
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!