TITLE: Operations Center Engineer
The Operations Center Engineer is responsible for playing a part in the company's 24x7x365 platform support. This individual will work to monitor system health, investigate and troubleshoot delivery failures and/or related production issues, escalate issues as needed and take part in an on-call rotation (roughly every 5-6 weeks). The main focus of this role will be to monitor batch and real-time processing and support overall production support activity as well as aid in the automation of manual tasks.
- 3-5 years of operations experience with large-scale, high-availability distributed systems
- Application/Platform production support experience
- SQL/Oracle and UNIX functional proficiency
- On-call support experience with a critical platform
- Familiarity with Batch/Scheduled job execution and troubleshooting
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) experience
- Scripting and automation experience
- Healthcare EDI/ANSI/X12 industry knowledge
- Splunk, New Relic, Solar Winds or other enterprise monitoring tool experience
- Managing FTP PW changes
- Investigating and reprocessing file delivery failures
- Monitoring system health and performance and responding to urgent alerts and exceptions
- Creative problem solving; investigating the root cause of technical anomalies and creating innovative solutions
- Batch and real-time processing verification
- Production incident management and escalations
- Research! The company has a large/enterprise healthcare processing platform with many technologies to become familiar/expert level in understanding and supporting
- Expect the unexpected, be prepared to multi-task to stay in front of the workflow!
Apply with MATRIX today!