Title: Operating System/Kernel Developer
Type: Contract - 6+ Months
Location: Remote - US
Our client, a multinational software corporation, is seeking an Operating System/Kernel Developer. This developer will focus on operating systems and virtualization to optimize client's Cloud Infrastructure and its automation while increasing its utilization and reliability.
A successful candidate will contribute innovations into a world-spanning industry scale cloud infrastructure. The set-up of the client's Innovation Office is highly interdisciplinary to understand the current challenges, and trade-offs, learn about and keep up with state-of-the-art datacenter designs, and find opportunities to improve data centers by tailoring such designs to the demands of client’s cloud offerings.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- As an Operating System/ Kernel Developer, you will undertake innovations towards crafting and implementing novel solutions arising from a multitude of real-world problems of datacenters (e.g., monitoring, self-healing).
- Considering the full stack and having an out of the box thinking and a team up mentality is important to create impact at client's Cloud Infrastructure.
- Learning new skills and growing in new technical areas is as much expected as the willingness to work in agile, cross-functional teams.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, electrical engineering, or a closely related area
- Familiarity with distributed systems with scientific interest regarding the topic hardware and operating system design
- Strong programming skills in C/C++
- Experience with Linux kernel development, software defined networking, or distributed systems is a plus
- Understanding of complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structure and programming practice
- Strong oral communication and technical writing skills
- Knowledge and experience in solving challenging engineering/science, and distributed computing problems is a plus
- Ability to work EST hours