Come work for this global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services to be a part of building a better working world for customers and communities.
Position: On-Site Technology Support Specialist
Location: Chicago, IL 60606
Term: 5 months
- Specializes in one or more areas, including support center/technology support, networking, telecommunications, help desk, event support, project support.
- Assists others in the technology department, as needed.
- Under direct supervision, provide after-hours service for escalated issues from the National Help Desk or supervisor.
- Assists with the deployment of hardware and software to clients (including the installation, configuration, and testing of basic firm hardware).
- Assist with new hire processing (account requests, verification, basic equipment configuration). Perform basic software troubleshooting and hardware triage support.
- Assist with the equipment and set-up for conference/meeting facilities, as directed.
- Assist with off-site support for client functions/meetings. Handle minor administrative functions such as moving and delivering equipment to clients.
- Perform administrative tasks, asset management, time reporting, inventory, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries concerning support requests, systems status, and network connectivity. Resolve hardware and software problems for firm-standard hardware/software. Record inquiries, and repair/service requests.
- Diagnose problems through research, isolation, and resolution steps using automated systems via Remedy.
- Report problems with procedures and make suggestions for improvements. Escalate to or consult with senior staff when a solution is unclear.
- Coordinate, track, and maintain inventory, including software and documentation upgrades, distributions, and licenses. Process firmwide requests for software and documentation. Track software licenses to ensure that the firm does not violate its agreements, and work with Purchasing and Contracts departments regarding software licensing and maintenance issues.
- Coordinate mass distributions, including on-site software duplication and documentation reproduction.
- Make recommendations to management regarding update and maintenance processes.
- Perform administrative duties, as required.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of experience in technical support with working knowledge of a functional specialty.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.