Come work for this global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services to be a part of building a better working world for customers and communities.
Position: On-Site Technology Support Specialist
Location: Chicago, IL 60606
Term: 5 months
- Specializes in one or more areas, including support center/technology support, networking, telecommunications, help desk, event support, project support.
- Assists others in the technology department, as needed.
- Under direct supervision, provide after-hours service for escalated issues from the National Help Desk or supervisor.
- Assists with the deployment of hardware and software to clients (including the installation, configuration, and testing of basic firm hardware).
- Assist with new hire processing (account requests, verification, basic equipment configuration). Perform basic software troubleshooting and hardware triage support.
- Assist with the equipment and set-up for conference/meeting facilities, as directed.
- Assist with off-site support for client functions/meetings. Handle minor administrative functions such as moving and delivering equipment to clients.
- Perform administrative tasks, asset management, time reporting, inventory, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries concerning support requests, systems status, and network connectivity. Resolve hardware and software problems for firm-standard hardware/software. Record inquiries, and repair/service requests.
- Diagnose problems through research, isolation, and resolution steps using automated systems via Remedy.
- Report problems with procedures and make suggestions for improvements. Escalate to or consult with senior staff when a solution is unclear.
- Coordinate, track, and maintain inventory, including software and documentation upgrades, distributions, and licenses. Process firmwide requests for software and documentation. Track software licenses to ensure that the firm does not violate its agreements, and work with Purchasing and Contracts departments regarding software licensing and maintenance issues.
- Coordinate mass distributions, including on-site software duplication and documentation reproduction.
- Make recommendations to management regarding update and maintenance processes.
- Perform administrative duties, as required.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of experience in technical support with working knowledge of a functional specialty.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.