Our client is seeking a Node .js Developer for a permanent role in Addison, Texas.
- Be a team player: contribute to our culture, invent new ways to address our business needs, collaborate constructively, and help create an industry-changing company
- Participate in all aspects of the software life cycle (requirements gathering, testing, deployment, support)
- Develop server-side logic, including REST APIs and views.
- Develop effective, reusable, and flexible code with an emphasis on data security
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Build logic in isolated, independent modules
- Integrate third party databases, APIs, and monitoring tools.
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Strong proficiency in Node.js
- Strong understanding of REST API principles and best practices
- Experience with common API formats (e.g. JSON, XML)
- Knowledge of strong encryption methodologies, and common authentication patterns.
- Experience developing database schemas and ORMs that both support business processes and promote scalability.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Financial services or insurance industry experience
- Experience working within an agile/scrum framework
- Experience implementing an event-driven microservices platform
- Experience delivering DevOps automation
- Experience in user experience (UX) design and/or user interface (UI) design disciplines