Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for this top-ranked U.S. hospital and be part of a larger initiative providing innovative treatments, advanced technology, and collaboration among clinicians and scientists.
Position: New Patient Navigator
Location: Brisbane, California, 94005
Term: 2 months
Target Pay Rate: $ 27.8/hr.
- Provides support during patient stay or clinic visit; facilitates scheduling, links patients to services across the health system.
- Addresses patient grievances at point of service. Identifies appropriate resource as needed. Utilizes knowledge of unit or clinic operations to propose new workflows or methods to increase future patient satisfaction.
- Gathers and documents patient issues, barriers or concerns by regular patient visits and open communications with families. Provides reports for management review and planning to increase patient satisfaction.
- Provides new patients with an overview of resources and general information on billing, scheduling, and locating resources for clinical questions or concerns.
- Collects and provides meaningful use and / or relevant operations data and metrics.
- Participates in medical center committees or task forces and other special projects as required to support improvements in the patient experience.
- Assists as liaison with other departments to facilitate improved coordination of care.
- Anticipates patient care coordination needs; provides general road map to patients to set expectations.
- Acquiring knowledge of Patient Rights & Responsibilities, Joint Commission standards, and Centers for Medicare / Medicaid regulations. Knowledge of Medical Terminology. Knowledge of data collection, compilation, and analytical techniques.
- Skills to comprehend and assess patient's grievances to quickly locate appropriate resource for assistance. Working knowledge of the organization and how to get issues resolved.
- Solid interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to be diplomatic and highly organized. Ability to remain calm under pressure and apply sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, demanding environment with minimal supervision. Ability to manage and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously, including high daily call volume.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software including Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook. Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.