Large international Supply Chain / 3rd party logistics company is seeking an Network Technician (level 2) for an 11 months contract role on their customer implementation team. Will work with a team to set up and configure systems and network devices in the lab, then travel to facilities to install / deploy hardware. This role will involve up to 50% travel to customer warehouse locations mostly in the U.S. and minimally in Canada.
Will work with Cisco Routers and Switches, Windows / Linux servers, and all endpoints to ensure all devices are up and running (PCs, Printers, RF Scanner) within the warehouse / distribution center environments. Preferred that candidates live in the Pittsburgh area, but alternate locations include: Fort Worth, Nashville or Memphis.
As the Network Technician (level 1), you will participate in all phases of planning, designing, procuring, deploying implementing and sustaining IT infrastructure. Will assist in creation and implementation of standardized, repeatable, automated Infrastructure support processes to ensure availability, accuracy and timely completion of all projects and operations break/fix issues. Will also set up and configure new IT Infrastructure equipment, including but not limited to: switches, servers and firewalls with assistance. Additionally, you will perform the following duties:
- Assist in all phases of planning, designing, procuring, deploying implementing and sustaining IT infrastructure.
- Follows established Infrastructure support processes to ensure availability, accuracy and timely completion of all projects and operations break/fix issues.
- Rely on instructions and pre-defined guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Follow corporate vision, mission and values in daily activities. Follow the highest ethical standards in all activities undertaken.
- Assist in the collection of requirements and performing gap analysis of project requests as it relates to Infrastructure from the planning stages to implementation.
- Ability to rack and stack/connect various IT hardware components and perform necessary cable management procedures.
- Configure network devices, servers, and storage devices with direction/supervision.
- Assist in the documentation and tracking of IT Infrastructure hardware during the deployment process.
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of asset disposition process including annual asset inventory.
- Develop and maintain broad awareness of the hardware, software, and networking components of the company systems Strategic System Architecture.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers, co-workers, the business community, consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Follow established change management procedures relating to all Infrastructure related moves, additions, and changes.
- Maintain and document all tickets and change requests submitted by internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain broad awareness of the hardware, software, and networking components of the company’s strategic system architecture.
- Stay up-to-date on current and future Infrastructure technologies, capabilities and trends.
- Actively seek out unreported IT related CEA non conformances and work to correct.
- Work with sustainment teams to establish, maintain, and update the strategy (methodology, processes, standards, tools, services) used in implementing supply chain IT Infrastructure equipment for continuous improvement.
- Assist in the creation of documentation for completed projects that can be used by support teams for future troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of Windows OS, Windows server platforms, and networking concepts, Cisco Routers and Switches.
- General understanding of Data Cabling Media.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.