Location: Remote - Houston, TX
Length: 6 months +
As Network SME you will have extensive experience supporting and designing LAN and WAN networks both on and offshore and have expertise in the migration of business services whilst maintaining business continuity. Previous experience of working in a project design and engineering role is a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the solution design and migration of site’s local and wide area networks.
- Take the charge in translating project requirements into standard or custom technical solutions in Wired and wireless LAN, wide area network, 3rd party connectivity, integration with cloud environment.
- Aid in the design, build and run of Cloud Networking and Security services such as edge and core firewalls, proxies and load balancers, direct network connections with public cloud providers such as express route, direct connect, etc.
- Proactively seek opportunities to drive efficiency, automation, and cost reduction by automating manual and repetitive tasks, and actively document requirements for evolution of existing standard solutions, patterns, and features.
- Develop features and codified networking artefacts for platform improvements leveraging automation and infrastructure and network policies as code
- Extensive experience working as a Network Engineer in large enterprise oil and gas setting within a global operations team
- Expertise in cloud provider network and network security products
- Solid understanding of core network protocols and services (TCP/UDP/IP, DNS, NAT, DHCP), IPV6 a plus
- Ability to analyze network behavior, performance and application issues using standard tools at a packet level
- Cisco data center switching and routing using recent platforms i.e. Nexus, ASR, CSR etc.
- Cisco and Aruba wireless technologies, 802.11 ac, ax knowledge a plus
- Aruba ClearPass
- Cisco ACI and SDN architecture including APIC
- Routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, GRE, IPSEC, VRF, MPLS etc.
- SDWAN products from Versa networks, Fortinet, or Juniper
- Firewall product knowledge, palo alto, Fortinet, Cisco FTD, ASAs
- Network function virtualization, MANO, KVM or VMware hypervisor, HCI platforms such as Cisco Hyperflex
- Knowledge in zScaler private access, and internet access (ZPA, ZIA)
- Experience with Cellular networks LTE/4G, Zigbee, LoraWan, GeoSat/MeoSat technologies for use at industrial facilities (rigs, platforms, ships, refineries)
- Knowledge for the Purdue model and working knowledge of airgap architecture in traditional PCN/PIN topologies.
- Experience in defining network topologies via infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Experienced at installing and configuring network devices (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to analyze complex technical issues and provide options to overcome challenges.
- Good working knowledge of ITIL principles/ITIL certification
- Hold CCNA, CCNP Network/Cloud certification