Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Network Senior Engineer
Location: Raleigh, NC; Phoenix, AZ; Dallas, TX; Minneapolis, MN
Term: 22 months
- Manages production networks including IP backbone, data centers and edge pops across the globe from heterogeneous vendors, with a passion toward network availability and quality.
- Ensures the continuous availability of all data network services.
- Creates and update network documentation and network schematics.
- Provides resolution information and work with other teams to complete impact analysis where appropriate.
- Provides comprehensive and maintenance plans for change management review and approval, implement the same according to plan. Investigates and remediates network capacity related issues.
- Implements network security policies across routers and firewalls.
- Works closely with other team members to ensure existing standards, policies, and conventions are carefully followed.
- Interfaces frequently with cross discipline support teams (Systems, Database, and Storage, Application operations) in order to provide seamless network operations.
- Conduct network studies and performance analysis and recommend changes.
- Performs quarterly proactive network testing to ensure proper functioning and reliability of the network.
- Works on build and deployment of new POP, Datacenter growth and large-scale migration activity for LinkedIn production network expansion.
- Proactively identifies gaps, risks and issues and navigates organizational structure to resolve them.
- Applies knowledge of Security and regulatory policies to design and implement foolproof secured network solutions.
- Partners cross-functionally with other Product Infrastructure teams in order to continuously improve and apply standards and policies relevant to operational excellence.
- Mentors/Trains network operations team in the installation, configuration, and maintenance.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years network operations or network engineering experience
- 3+ years F5 load balancing experience in a large scale enterprise experience
- 3+ years experience installing and completing base configurations of F5 hardware, including LTM, ASM, and GTM.
- 3-5 years experience performing code upgrades, patching with F5 TMOS versions 12.x, 13.x, 14.x,
- 3-5 years VIP/WIP configuration and implementations, including maintenance
- Experience working with LAN and WAN topologies, TCP/IP protocol, routers, switches, and firewalls in Internet, Intranet and Extranet environments
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting F5 OS version, 12.x, 13.x, and 14.x
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator
- DNS (Unix) Administrator Server experience/Product Knowledge
- Knowledge of networking and security concepts, including, networking protocols, interoperation with firewalls
and load balancers
- Experience implementing mid-level and complex changes to production environments, including evaluation,
design, execution, and QA
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Recent large scale/multi-site operational experience, focus on fault tolerance and availability
- 5+ years of experience in or in a combination of an enterprise network, network configuration, administration, maintenance, and sustainment of high availability networks
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting F5 OS version 12.x, 13.x, 14.x
- Web Server and/or application administration experience
Microsoft NT and Red Hat Linux
- 3 years System Administration experience
- Experience with GateD, NameD, SSH, TCP dump, OSPF, BGP, static and dynamic routing
- Perl/C++/Python coding experience
- Experience implementing and supporting GTM and iRules in an enterprise environment
- A network professional certification; CCNA, CCNP, CCIE ( Cisco Certified Network Administrator, Cisco Certified Network Professional, Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert