Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Network Security Service Architect
Location: Remote or Onsite
Term: 2 Contract to hire
Must be able to perform the following six key job functions:
- Engineering Strategy - Collaborate with Marketing on how to leverage existing network capabilities that can be revenue generating, feature requests with partner vendors for product enhancements, new vendor analysis and network expansion capabilities as a result of market analysis
- Definition and Design – The product is directly related to the network/equipment capabilities
- Work with peers in Architecture & Technology team to determine the full capabilities, what we want to include, work around limitations and finalize the features to be offered to our customers. Identify ICB capabilities/features that we may want to offer to customers on ad-hoc basis.
- Testing and Trials – Participate in testing vendor solutions and code revision varieties to determine the most stable/reliable solution. Assist with running the final selection through internal/external trials to proof in features, overcome lab limitations and work with real world scenarios
- Customizing the Design – Work in conjunction with Business Units to define primary customer implementation scenarios. Ensure the technical requirements are gathered at the right stages and designed according to the engineering standards.
- Implementation of the Design via IT and Engineering Systems - Take the defined requirements above, work with IT and engineering systems to get them implemented. Also, document all technical requirements; work with Business Units, process organization and IT to finalize the mechanism on how technical attributes get passed through the process.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5 to 7 years professional level experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision or 9+ years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision
- Equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required
- College degree in Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with network security engineering and/or analysis
- 5+ years experience with firewalls, vulnerability management, SIEM and Log Management, proxy servers, DLP, IPS/IDS, VPN, PKI, multi-factor authentication, and cryptography is preferred
- In depth understanding of telecommunications industry
- Experience with NGFW equipment is required, preferably experience with Fortinet
- Perl, PHP, Python, Regex scripting experience
- In depth knowledge of one or more engineering disciplines and vendor equipment
- In depth knowledge of accepted engineering practices
- Computer software knowledge to include Microsoft Office, Custom Planning Tools and Databases
- Ability to prioritize projects and good analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to travel for training in first few months of employment
- Vendor/Professional certification is considered a plus
- CISSP or CAP certification is preferred
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!