Position: Network Engineer
Location: Irving, TX
Contract Duration: 12 months
- Plan, build and execute technical solution designs for the delivery of both high performance and resilience information security technologies to support client's Low Latency Electronic Trading environments.
- Produce high quality documentation, schematics and presentation materials as needed
- Participate in various reporting functions, analysis of metrics, key performance indicators and vulnerability remediation initiatives
- Ensure the continued stability and resilience of the infrastructure by adhering to strict change management guidelines
- Provide individual leadership in the realm of change, incident, and problem management
- Form collaborative working relationships across geographical boundaries with other internal functions for the purpose of managing internal or external client requirements in alignment with business needs and company policies/standards
- Troubleshoot complex connectivity issues often involving multiple support teams
- Adhere to corporate and Information Security and other functional standards and controls
Skills and Qualifications:
- Years of Related Experience: 6+
- Professional to expert level proficiency, hands-on skillset including command-line and central management platform
- Network knowledge of routing, switching and wide area networking with understanding of industry standard command line syntax, inclusive of modern network virtualization concepts to a professional level proficiency
- A hands-on practical familiarity with Network Security capabilities including: Firewalls, ACL’s, intrusion detection, proxies, vulnerability scanning, DNS, DDoS Mitigation, SIEM platforms
Also desired/emphasized are:
- A good level of understanding of service management fundamentals such as ITIL for change management and incident management
- Any operational exposure working within a bank or financial institution would be a positive as would basic scripting capabilities i.e. Perl, Python, Bash, Powershell and basic understanding of Unix/Linux CLI
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of well-known public cloud environments (IaaS, PaaS) and cloud native security controls that are available to protect cloud based resources.
Relevant Certifications: Juniper, Check Point, Palo Alto firewalls. CISSP or CCNA/CCNP as a plus.
Education Level Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields preferred.