JOB TITLE: Network Manager - Resident Engineer
Seeking network management engineer to assist with facilitating customer network management activities. Resident Engineer role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities from network strategy, design and engineering, implementation and migration planning, service design and proof of concept, implementation, testing, optimization services, customer training and advice and on-site support. The work is on-site with customers.
Resident Engineer will be required to work in a consultative manner with customers, solutions and marketing groups and systems engineering to scope and deliver professional service projects. The ideal candidate MUST meet the following criteria and experience MUST be clearly visible in the work history of the resume:
- Experience with network automation using model-driven data or open-config
- Able to participate remotely directly on a daily basis in customer agile process as part of the extended virtual team.
- Prior network automation experience with Nokia products (7950XRS, 7750SR, 7705SAR, 7210SAS and 5620SAM (NSP) and Linux systems.
Candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the Nokia customer site in Atlanta, GA OR Middletown, NJ
- Develop network architecture and services designs with the best architecture available to support our customer's services.
- Produce network implementation and migration plans.
- Configure equipment and services.
- Test and support networks in various stages of deployment.
- Audit and assess network against customer service requirements and best practices.
- Formulate network management strategies.
- Produce and review technical statement of work documentation.
- Provide appropriate training material and delivery of the training.
- Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, manageability and security.
- Provide recommendations to optimize the network operations and performance.
- Work with internal technical teams for product placement and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability.
- Work closely with customers to conduct network readiness and customer readiness tests.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer's technical and management teams.
- Occasional maintenance hour work expected in the role to support critical network events.
- 7+ years relevant work experience with a telecom communications equipment vendor or service provider in configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting IP/MPLS networks.
- 5+ years experience working with a network management system and/or administrating a network management system. i.e.5620SAM(NSP), HP (Openview), Netcool.
- 5+ years experience working with SNMP protocol.
- 5+ years experience with scripting language. i.e. API, XML, Python, and Velocity.
- 5+ years skillset in Linux administration (Red Hat / CentOS)
- 5+ years experience operating VM environments and servers. i.e. ESXi and KVM.
- 5+ years troubleshooting software applications in VM/Linux environment.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills to end-clients.
- Day to day focus will be assisting customer virtual team with integrating SDN network automation to Nokia routers northbound programming API.
- Data Model: YANG model
- Encoding: XML and JSON
- Protocol: NET and RESTCONF/gNMI
- Orchestration App: OpenDaylight and Cloud Opera
- Programming Lang: Python and JAVA
- Experience with Nokia network management system (NMS) is a plus.
- Good hands experience with lab testing environment.
- Good hands-on experience with automation tools.
- Good hands-on experience with Ansible/Python.
- Four years degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Nokia SRA and/or Cisco CCIE equivalent certification preferred.