Position: Field Systems Engineer – Routing and Switching
The Field Systems Engineer – R&S will be responsible for post sale implementation of technical products by coordinating with Regional Account Managers (RAMs) to jointly or independently call on new and existing customers. FSE will deliver Routing and Switching network architecture, design, implementation, demonstration, and training. This will include Service Provider oriented R&S implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical presentations into strategic accounts to position client manufacture partners that best fit their applications.
- Provide Bill of Materials (BOM) and configurations for projects in coordination with RAMs.
- Work with appropriate client OEM Development Manager on application/product/customer support needs..
- Communicate and escalate with client Engineering and/or Operations Departments if Professional Services quotations are needed.
- Track and Forecast projects in FSE Project Funnel on week to week basis.
- Target focus market accounts, assist in business development and revenue generation activities through Purchase Order (PO) receipt from customer.
- Track and Forecast projects in funnel on month-to-month basis. Maintain accurate probability scaling and project definition throughout the funnel cycle.
- Support sales growth of networking projects, multi-manufacturer and next-generation solutions to the sales and profit level defined in the company Sales Operating Plan (SOP) on an annual basis.
- Represent client in a highly professional manner, always supporting our core values.
- Maintain current certification levels with assigned manufacturers. Request additional trainings as needed.
- Provide training for Sales and Marketing Departments as needed.
- Provide assistance and guidance to Services Department on networking product installation, provisioning, and test and turn-up as required. Perform these functions as required from time to time.
- Overnight travel required; some trips will be reactive to customer need and therefore on a quick notice.
- Exhibit teamwork, personal development, and positive attitude.
- Develop and continuously update technical solution strategy by vertical markets and OEM platforms based upon market trends and program feedback/results.
- Develops and maintains proficiency and key technical relationship in the vertical market(s) including participation on regional and national groups, consulting engineering organizations, and committees representing Client and OEM.
- Collaborate fluently with OEM presales organizations, product managers, and product engineering to ensure customer strategy alignment and maximized adoption of differentiating features, capacity, and sales meeting technical materials.
- Maintain highest level of solution proficiency for their OEM and capable of creating and delivering executive level technical presentations specific to client’s vertical markets.
- Demonstrate the willingness to learn adjacent technologies, the markets, sales/presentation techniques and strategies to advance client’s position and expand our value.
- Three to Five years telecommunications Routing and Switching implementation engineering support experience.
- Service Provider Network Design Engineering, Operations or Craft experience.
- Knowledge of surrounding networking technologies such as routing and security preferred:
- Required Juniper – JNCIS-SP, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SEC
- Desired Cisco – CCNP
- Knowledge of broadband networks including Ethernet switching and routing, Managed Services and Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
- Efficient Time Management.
- Excellent communication skills needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- Strong, effective presentation skills preferred.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience required.