Position: Network Engineer IV
Location: Dallas, TX 75201
Term: 6 Months
Our client is seeking a Network Engineer for a 6 month contract role in Dallas, Texas. The Network Engineer conducts expert level technical communications assignments and projects for the Information Technology Department under minimal supervision. Directs or leads the work of others.
- Provides expert level technical support for complex to highly complex Voice over IP (VoIP), voicemail and network systems
- Provides VoIP and network incident and problem management
- Conducts VoIP and network communications studies, proposal generation, and system implementation
- Provides VoIP capacity, configuration, and performance management of internal and external networks traversing both Cisco and Juniper platforms
- Consults with company’s management and staff, providing VoIP, network, and telecommunications systems administration and maintenance, including creating and maintaining disaster recovery plans
- Works closely with service providers, both terrestrial and wireless, to report trouble and enable speedy resolution to functional problems and system outages
- Generates and updates documentation on operational procedures, VoIP network topology, and network databases , i.e., LIDB
- Works closely with other Network Analysts and Engineers to solve issues with network security, wireless devices, routing principles and other network incidents.
- Coordinates software, hardware and system installations and changes with vendors
- Writes clear, concise, and accurate documentation and provides training as required
- Tests and evaluates VoIP and networks systems to eliminate problems and make improvements in development, quality assurance, and production environments
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
- Completes special assignments and/or tasks assigned based on needs of the business
- As needed, relocates technical equipment to and from an assigned location
- Manages Mobile Device Management Platform and Application Integration
- Responsible for maintain a secure VoIP Platform
- Designs, provisions, and implements VoIP Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Architecture
- Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
- A minimum of 8 years of job related experience required including a minimum of five years VoIP coupled with five years Network Architecture/Design inclusive of routing, switching load balancing, firewalls, and virtual private networking (VPN) experience is required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of VoIP applications and systems to include an expert level understanding of Cisco VoIP Technologies and platforms; namely Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Unity and general understanding of IVR functionality.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of layers 1-7 of the OSI model, including an expert level understanding of VOIP and networking technologies and platforms.
- An in-depth knowledge of network security, wireless devices, routing principles and network architecture as these technologies apply to Voice over IP (VoIP).
- General knowledge of networking components inclusive of applications layer firewall, firewalls, load balancing, routers, switches and virtual private networking (VPN).
- A general understanding of voice, video, and data (VVD), including the functionality of protocols supporting VVD.
- Advanced working knowledge of information systems concepts/design/development, systems development life cycle, recovery techniques, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Advanced decision-making, analytical, and problem solving, conceptual and data analysis skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lead and supervise the work of others and maintain professional relationships with the vendor community.
- Advanced reading and writing skills.
- Certifications in CCNA-Voice, JNCIA, JNCIS, and/or JNCIP, Cisco and Juniper certifications with hands-on or Network Operation Center experience is preferred.
Office based with travel up to 40% of the time by land and air is required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, and out-of-door environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, working in confined spaces, fumes, airborne participles, and exposure to the risk of electrical shock. Subject to all temperatures, weather, and varying road conditions.