Terrific Permanent opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Our client is a diversified, global portfolio of niche brands and businesses that manufactures highly engineered products and solutions for our customers. They are committed to generating superior shareholder returns by combining a unique management style of decentralization, entrepreneurial spirit, active mergers and acquisitions, and a balanced approach to capital deployment, all with a culture of continuous improvement as embodied in the company culture. Markets include commercial roofing, specialty polyurethane, aerospace, medical, defense, transportation, industrial, protective coating, auto refinishing, agriculture, mining, and construction.
ROLE: Network Engineer
LOCATION: Carlisle, PA
SALARY: $90,000 - $100,000 (DOE) + bonus
The Network Engineer will manage and direct all networking and communications platforms working in conjunction with systems personnel. This individual is responsible for all LAN/WAN/Firewall/Wireless/Internet design, configuration, implementation, monitoring, reporting and manage/support. Interacts with and provides direction to the broader IT team and management. Requires experience in telecommunications network design and management. Demonstrate ability to work independently on requirements that are moderately sophisticated. Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services. This position is responsible for the full cycle from design through implementation and management/support thereafter. Closely coordinates with other IT system professionals and vendors/partners to ensure proper implementation of network services. A positive Customer Service oriented outlook is required.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies and installs hardware/ software/ and network purchases in accordance with Company policy.
- Administers and maintains the Company’s WAN/LAN infrastructure in compliance with all applicable standards.
- Performs moderately complex tasks relating to network monitoring, operations, and maintenance.
- Provides level 2 and 3 support and resolution of open IT issues raised by IT Customer Support.
- Develops project plans for, and assists in the implementation of, all network implementation activities of low to medium level of complexity.
- Completes other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
(Level I - III)
- Responsible for design, configuration, advanced troubleshooting and implementation of all parts of network infrastructure.
- Key performance indicators -- maintain accurate and timely reporting of performance indicators identified.
- Achieve and maintain maximum uptime for critical servers or services utilizing the network.
- Take part in the development, evaluation, and quarterly verification (self-audit) of Internal Audit Controls maintain guidelines for a system of internal control.
- Support creation, monitoring, documentation, reporting and testing of disaster recovery initiatives.
- Maintain current and accurate documentation for the following: SOP (standard operating procedures), processes, contracts, licensing, networks.
- Participate in budget planning.
- Works closely with internal IT Security resources to ensure standard methodologies identified by IT Security are adhered to
- Maintain service desk resolution within established SLA’s. (ServiceNow)
- Prepare complex network designs for new and existing client site establishments, site relocations, network upgrades, network expansions, and disaster recovery setups with a focus on Cisco and Palo Alto for core network requirements
- Implement and maintain logical design models (L2/L3, spanning tree, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling), remote VPN software, network control protocols (QOS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, LLDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP), and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA).
- Understanding of popular network communication protocols such as SIP, DHCP, DNS, RCP, HTTP, SNMP, and ICMP.
- Working familiarity in implementing and fixing dynamic routing protocols: RIPv2 and RIPng, EIGRP and OSPF.
- Provide support for all network and data communication issues including private and internet circuits, routing protocols, VPN connectivity, WAN optimization, hardware, and 3rd party vendor connectivity.
- Research & remediate networking issues and networking products as the need arises and use critical thinking skills to evaluate all viable solutions while using appropriate judgment in applying effective resolutions
- Properly address and prioritize tasks based on urgent and highly sensitive client needs and manage appropriate/realistic expectations to ensure overall client satisfaction
- Responsible for configuring IPSec VPN tunnels, IP communication, and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of equipment, production & support processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency
- Assist with licensing compliance and annual true-up activities.
- Achieve compliance with companies IT policies and procedures.
- Manage backup of networking systems configurations, maintain up to date patch levels and recommended practices
- Direct and support local and remote IT activities and staff.
- Responsibilities could include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assisting, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides ongoing training to applicable staff to develop and encourage their technical and operational performance. Meet with appropriate staff on a timely basis for performance evaluations and goal setting.
- Provide guidance and leadership to Level 0-2 network engineers.
- Verify and validate activities of Level 0-2 network engineers, ensure approved methods and procedures are followed.
- Take ownership for own safety and quality of work.
- Participate in own work area or functional Tiered Accountability process.
- Support conceptualization from the shop floor intended to automate and otherwise reduce waste.
- Suggest ideas to eliminate waste and to improve work processes and procedures within the IT function, and for improvements in the intersection of IT and other functions
- Use standard action planning and problem-solving processes including ‘3 Deep’ techniques.
- Participate in problem solving and improvement activities.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Retain a mentality of striving to make things better, challenge the status quo, use creative thinking to find better solutions. Must adopt company culture of continuous improvement.
- Proactively seeks out learning opportunities with the ability to translate both successes and failures into decisions/actions to develop yourself and others. Show a willingness to give and receive feedback, accept suggestions, and modify actions accordingly.
- Have a customer focus mentality by listening to, understanding, and exceeding expectations of customers internally and externally, to build customer relationships for mutual success.
- Demonstrates the capability to take ownership, set clear goals and priorities, and hold yourself and teammates accountable for delivering results that align with company strategy and Key Performance Indicators.
- Aptitude to make all individuals within company feel comfortable to contribute and encourage diverse thoughts and opinions during open dialogue with the team that contribute to the final solution. In addition, work effectively across divisions and demonstrate ability to build trust by being accountable for actions.
- Effectively deal with change and ambiguity, while having a positive outlook and building strong rapport with others. Manage disputes when they arise by listening and reaching a common ground.
- Level II-III Project management must have the ability to self-manage small to medium projects including development and implementation of project plans with goals of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. For large projects formal project manager(s) will be utilized.
- Level I-III experience with Cisco and Palo Alto equipment is required as well as Level I - III Experience with Cisco Catalyst.
- Level I-III Experience with Meraki (Wireless, Switching, Firewall) is also a requirement.