Title: Network Engineer (Cisco R/S, mid-level)
Location: Seattle, WA
Network Engineer to assist with planning, designing, implementing, operating, documenting, maintaining and optimizing a growing global network infrastructure. Responsible for all aspects of managing network infrastructure and collaborating with other engineers, IT teams, clients, stakeholders, global business unit managers and PM’s
Tasks / Expectations
- Perform day-to-day operational Cisco CLI, commands.
- Design, implement, operate and maintain all network equipment and software related to the environment.
- Monitoring and trending of the global network for faults and performance.
- Monitor system capacity, load balancers, security appliances, routing policies and other related network services.
- Troubleshooting network / incidents problems.
- Participate in a formal incident rapid response process for priority incidents.
- Provide regular reporting of statistics of network performance, capacity and Network optimization.
- Proactive recommendations for changes to the network environment.
- Assist Application and System owners in troubleshooting.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the physical and logical network topology.
- Standardize and maintain network configuration data and inventory.
- Document structured network, device configurations, circuit information and other network components.
- Work with vendors on new equipment and software integration.
- Assist with security and regulatory compliance (public/private cloud environments).
- Follow and enforce Change Management guidelines and processes.
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional after hours / weekend support.
Skills / Requirements
- 5+years supporting network environments at an enterprise scale.
- Advanced knowledge of routers, switches, wireless access points, LAN/WAN, firewalls, F5 load balancing.
- Data center migration experience, hands on networking and network security knowledge with Cisco platforms.
- Excellent understanding of Cisco firewalls, NSX distributed firewalls, Palo Alto is a plus.
- Designing route/switch systems with deep knowledge of protocol optimization (BGP, OSPF, IGRP/EIGRP, RIPv2).
- Strong layer 2, layer 3 design and deployment.
- Solid data networking design, installation operation and support in a distributed environment.
- Professional expertise in TCP and UDP mechanics including ability to interpret packet captures.
- Professional expertise in network protocols and services such as DNS, RPC, HTTP, IPSEC, QoS.
- Experience with Cisco switching/routing and advance LAN / WAN configurations for highly available systems.
- Integration with telecom provider services such as MPLS and SIP.
- Cisco IOS, NX-OS, CLI, Linux, Windows, scripting and automation expertise.
- Experience with SDWAN design and deploy with vIPtella / VeloCloud.
- Customer focused, responsive, multi-tasking, sense of urgency, ability to set priorities (know when to escalate).
- Strong customer facing and presentation skills, ability to present and communicate at all levels.
- Excellent time and project management skills, highly analytical, ability to resolve complex technical problems.
- Manages escalations to ensure timely and high-quality resolutions to all issues.
- Excellent language/communication skills (English written and verbal), reporting skills critical.