Responsible for working within the organization to build, maintain, and support network and all I.T. related infrastructure assets. Position includes working closely with I.T. systems support personnel insuring proper end-user issue and problem management.
- Provide administration, installation, operation, and maintenance support on network, applications, systems and infrastructure equipment
- Manage cloud-based infrastructure solutions including email, spam management, patch management, A/V, disaster recovery, audio/web conferencing, VM’s, and file sharing
- Deploy and manage company LANs and WANs, including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, UPS, voice and/or audio communication, and other hardware.
- Support the Infrastructure Manager on daily basis
- Assist with the daily workload of the Service Desk (ticketing) when needed, and ensure technical issues are handled, prioritized, progressed through resolution and notated in the ticketing system.
- Assist Systems support with projects and daily work assignments as needed
- Oversight of tasks such as enrollment of new users (on-boarding), termination of retired users, and regular system maintenance.
- Participate in implementing and managing network security, and backup solutions.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports to Infrastructure manager.
- Conduct advanced troubleshooting with the ability to efficiently identify and address technical issues including desktops, servers, firewalls and network.
- Provides technical assistance and coaching for helpdesk technician(s) when workflow deficiencies are identified
- Partner with current team in supporting, training, and developing end user abilities
- Perform and maintain hardware and software inventory audits.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to systems, mapping, processes, and service records
- Research, test and document new technologies and processes
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors
- Degree in computer science and/or 7 years equivalent work experience with at least three (3) of these years in Networking deployment and Service Desk support.
- Previous experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design, implementation and management.
- Experience with network planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Proficient in Office 365 applications, incl. Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, One Drive
- Experience with and strong working knowledge of all Windows operating systems, the Windows server environment, Active Directory, and HP equipment
- Excellent working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and internet standards.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
Experience in the following technologies:
- Active Directory on premise and MS Azure
- Office 365 Administration
- Group Policy Microsoft
- Wireless Technology
- VoIP/SIP Knowledge
- Router/Switch configuration
- Video collaboration, including tools like Zoom, Skype, and Teams
Experience a plus:
- ManageEngine Service Desk Plus and Asset Mgmt
- NinjaOne RMM
- ConnectWise Screen Connect
- Symantec/Broadcom A/V
- Crowdstrike Falcon EDR
- VMWare vSphere and vCenter
- Druva InSync
- Microsoft Azure Security
- Microsoft Intune
- DUO and other MFA products
- Mimecast Central
- Ubiquiti/Aruba Wireless Technology
- Fortinet SSL/VPN – EDR/XDR
- Required travel: 25% +/-