Title: Network Engineer
- Architect, design, deploy, document and manage our Cloud-based network infrastructure. This includes all ingress and egress, both internal and external.
- Learn and continue to foster an understanding of the long-term needs of our infrastructure.
- Implement customer-focused abstractions that simplify and standardize the way we offer our cloud services, topologies and implementations.
- Lead and defend technical decisions providing design justification, coordination, and identifying value and requirements for other teams in the organization.
- Communicate to gather requirements and evangelize the Cloud offerings, and to understand gaps and improvements.
- Produce professional documentation and diagrams to clearly and concisely communicate concepts and architectures to infrastructure colleagues, in addition to our users.
- Coding IP tables and software defined networking
- Manage and assist in the resolution of complicated technical problems and incidents, provide appropriate communication and escalation. Understand how to engage with other engineers where necessary.
- Support and maintain our current infrastructure offerings to maintain a high level of service and availability to the rest of the organization.
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with the rest of the Infrastructure organization, Security, IT, business partners, stakeholders and vendors
- Keep up to date with current developments and best practices within our domain and make bold and forward-looking recommendations.
- At least 6+ years software engineering experience in industry You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- You know what high quality code — and software engineering processes — look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them.
- You showcase strong proficiency within a modern tech stack. We typically use a mix of Ruby, Go for languages and gRPC + Protobuf for communication. Use these before? Great. If not, that’s okay too. Our focus is hiring smart engineers who’ve worked on complex problems and we trust you’ll be able to pick up new tech on the job.
- You showcase proficiency or a desire to learn low-level primitives such as IP converged networks, AWS VPC, Transit Gateway, Direct Connect, IAM role management and implementation
- You have built systems on public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- You have an insatiable curiosity and zest for learning from and sharing with others.
- Flexibility to adapt and pivot in a dynamic and demanding environment where change is the only constant.
- Ability to set priorities and balance multiple deadlines.