TITLE: Network Engineer
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA 30328
Our established client is seeking a Network Engineer who will be responsible for installing and maintaining DIS’s workstations, printers, servers, switches, routers and other network infrastructure. They will configure and maintain communications with vendors and financial institutions, and review technological improvements to ensure high quality operations. They are responsible for managing and troubleshooting the network and communications systems.
- The Network Engineer will work with vendors, users, and IT staff to plan and implement new systems. They will participate in meetings with the users and IT staff and prepare necessary documentation. The Network Engineer will be expected to follow established procedures for system development, enhancements, and documentation.
- They support staff by installing, troubleshooting and providing assistance with software packages, operating systems, and hardware. They will advise the Chief Technology Officer of relevant software package improvements.
- The Network Engineer will assist in maintaining the backup/recovery system for Division’s network. They will participate in the maintaining and updating of DIS’s Business Continuation Plan. They will participate in the annual testing of the Business Continuation Plan.
- The Network Engineer will be responsible for creating and maintaining system documentation. They will also assist with the maintenance of other IT documentation including Policies and Procedures and Business Continuation documents.
- The Network Engineer will also be involved in special projects at the request of the Chief Technology Officer, Co-Chief Investment Officers or the Chief Investment Officer.
- Four-year degree preferably in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a network engineer in a complex business environment.
- Minimum of 2 years maintaining and installing workstations, laptops, servers and printers.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in writing technical documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert level knowledge on Microsoft Networking and Operating System software (including but not limited to MS SQL Server, MS Windows, MS Windows Server and MS Office).
- Experience with MS Exchange, Active Directory and clustering.
- Experience with virtual environments.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco Switches and Firewalls.
- Experience installing and maintaining Linux Servers.
- Experience in the financial markets is desired but not a requirement.
- Programming experience is desired but not a requirement.