This nationwide industry leader has an immediate 6-12 month contract opportunity (with strong chance for extension) in Dallas-Ft. Worth for a Network Engineer. Will be working remotely from home but must be able to go into the Irving, TX office during the week as needed. Will be working with a team of Senior Network Engineers and will be responsible for providing reactive support to nationwide locations leveraging experience with Cisco Routers/Networking and Juniper Switches/Routers/Firewalls.
This position requires:
- 3+ years of Network Engineering experience in reactive support.
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification required. Juniper JNCIA certification preferred.
- 3+ years troubleshooting Layer 3 Routing
- 3+ years troubleshooting Layer 1 and 2 including Ethernet, Vlans, Spanning Tree, Port Channels/Link Aggregation
- 3+ years Troubleshooting Network Hardware
- 3+ years experience with Cisco Networking - Cisco Catalyst, Cisco Nexus
- 3+ years experience with Cisco Routers - Cisco ISR, Cisco ASR
- 3+ years experience with Juniper Switches, Routers, and Firewalls - Juniper SRX, Juniper EX Series, Juniper QFX Series
- Strong experience with Network Protocols: Spanning-Tree, BGP, OSPF, DNS, DHCP
- Solarwinds Administration experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced reactive support environment
- Strong customer service, team work, and communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new network environments.