Terrific Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in todays digital age. If you want to work for a company thats not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Network Engineer
Location: Atlanta GA
Term: 10 months
- The Data Center Engineer provides implementation oversight for all data center infrastructure in the new co-location data center facility located in Atlanta, Georgia.
- The engineer will play a part in project implementation and validation services in for all OSI Layer 1 infrastructure technologies, cabinets, power infrastructure, and network infrastructure.
- Direct areas of responsibility include oversight of infrastructure installations by a third party vendor, conducting field surveys, participating in project support activities, and documentation updates related to the structured cabling and infrastructure designs.
- The data center engineer must possesses baseline knowledge of Wide Area Networking, data and IP Networks and have extensive knowledge of structured cabling systems, standards, and implementation processes.
- The engineer will interface directly with Data Center Management leadership and other Data Center engineers as well as internal partners including Network engineering, storage engineering and operations teams.
- Develops specifications for complex systems, design, and test voice and/or data communications solutions.
- Designs complex system upgrades.
- Leads the evaluation of vendor proposals, conducts network studies and traffic analyses, develops network architectures, prepares forecasts of network traffic and capacity, and recommends modifications to the network configurations that reduce costs or improve service.
- Serves as a high level technical resource on large-scale voice and/or data communications issues.
- May direct or serve as a mentor to less experienced staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of data center experience
- 5+ years of network operations experience
- 5 + years of structural cabling design experience
- 5 + years of Microsoft Visio and/or AutoCAD experience
- 3+ years of Microsoft office suite experience such as PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word
- 7+ years network engineering experience.