Our client is seeking a Network Architect to develop and drive the standards, development processes, systems architecture, and design patterns to support IT and business solutions. A leader who will be responsible for administering, developing, maintaining, monitoring, and guarding the enterprise network.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware and. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinate strategies participate in technology selection activities, and work with the appropriate business and IT stakeholders to ensure the long-term network infrastructure technology plan.
- Accountable for direction, strategy, and implementation of the overall Enterprise (cross domain) Network Infrastructure Architecture.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and communicate long term vision and comprehensive strategic plans for infrastructure and enterprise architecture solutions
- Serve as a hands-on technical expert for enterprise-wide network infrastructure technology.
- Define principles/standards for infrastructure and/or enterprise architecture
- Assist in or lead vendor evaluation and selection of network technology solution.
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including firewalls, routers, switches, and WAN performance and monitoring.
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including firewalls, routers, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Design, implement, and support firewalls, site-to-site VPNs, and remote-access VPNs.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Managing our voice over IP (VoIP) systems. (Softphones)
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation.
- Submit changes to arrange scheduled software and firmware updates keeping equipment patched and to the latest system releases.
- Investigating faults in the network
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Network: Telephony, Firewalls, ISP management, Site connectivity
- Workstation management/support: mobile devices & PCs
- MS Azure Cloud (DEV/OPS)
- Network Security Management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- 7+ years of relevant design and architecture experience.
- Fortinet experience preferred.
- 10+ years of network engineering experience.
- Microsoft-based Architecture (Windows 2016/2019, Windows 10, Active Directory, Exchange, M365).
- Cloud-based architecture and deployments, particularly with Azure
Required Skills and Education:
- Skilled communicator who influences senior leadership and key stakeholders and is comfortable presenting on a wide variety of functional and technical topics to a broad audience.
- Experience in implementing and managing voice over IP (VoIP) systems desired.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including routers, switches (layer 2/3), firewalls, remote access, DNS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VLAN, QoS, VPN and SDWAN.
- Strong oral and written communications with excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading multiple projects including experience managing team efforts, processes, and technologies throughout project full-life cycles.
- Experience facilitating complex project plans proactively.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification a plus
- Innovative and Self Motivated
- Strong project leadership skills
- Vendor management
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Great attention to detail and follow through on tasks.
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite: Power Point, Excel, Outlook, + Project
- Strong Understanding Architecture Principles, Patterns, Guidelines, Architecture Standards, Technology trends, emerging technologies, Enterprise Architecture processes like Design Reviews, Architecture Review Boards (ARB)
- Collaborative working style to be able to partner with IT stakeholders across organization and Influence technology decisions
- Manage strategic SD-WAN implementation across 13 Service Center + HQ
- Fortinet experience preferred
- Works closely with Cyber Security leader to develop and execute continuous improvement plans
- Site connectivity upgrades
- Azure Cloud Migration
- Phone system upgrades