The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of the clients' systems.
- Possess knowledge and demonstrate experience in the operation and maintenance of trunked radio (analog and digital) and microwave systems. Required skills include troubleshooting radio equipment and identification.
- Perform daily management of radio assets including Motorola radios, accessories, and in-building wireless systems (radio and cellular). Duties include changes to radio aliases, database entry and management of units transferred for repair.
- Develop P25 code plugs and manage configuration profiles for all departments utilizing Motorola P25 radios. Configurations include feature sets, encryption keys, secure/clear talk groups, local and foreign system radio IDs. Program radios using Motorola CPS with designated code plugs and profiles.
- Diagnose and perform high level maintenance at radio sites to include UPS systems, tower lighting systems and in-building/BDA systems for cellular and radio.
- Provide access to vendors at sites for cellular carriers leasing tower space and radio system maintenance.
- Provide vendor management for contractors performing work at radio sites to ensure adherence to established practices and site safety. Ensure site security is always maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and three years of progressively responsible, professional level analyst and systems experience in a large-scale Information Technology environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- In-building BDA systems
- In-building Cellular Systems
- Tower Lighting Systems
- Motorola P25 radio equipment
- Motorola CPS
Licensing Requirements: Valid Driver’s License from state of residency.Preferred Skills:
Knowledge of, and ability to demonstrate:
• Command of comprehensive inventory management principles.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Prioritizing and assigning work.
• Performing needs assessments.
• Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting technological platforms, systems, and networks.
• Analyzing processes, information, and data.
Apply to MATRIX today!