This international industry leader in Fort Worth has an immediate 6+ month contract opportunity (with strong chance for conversion) for a Network Engineer. Environment consists of Cisco, Palo Alto, and Juniper. Must be able work onsite as needed in Ft. Worth to build the infrastructure for closed area programs. There will also be requirements to travel up to 20% locally or within the United States to support programs, although most engineers don't travel this much.
Responsibilities include designing, implementing, and deploying networks.
Will determine the data communications needs of the company and develop the best systems to meet these needs. This includes designing and configuring components, and troubleshooting any issues prior to implementation. From determining cable layout and placement to selecting modems and routers, as a Network Engineer, you will oversee the installation and implementation of network systems. Will be responsible for upgrading components in existing networks. This includes installing new routers, switches, security software, configurations or other parts to improve the operation of a system, Will be expected to continually monitor networking systems and make necessary adjustments and minor repairs to keep these systems operating smoothly. Will also perform scheduled maintenance on network systems to avoid any down time due to networking issues. Understanding the different types of networks and the pros and cons of each type is extremely important for this position. Will utilize your strong knowledge of routers, modems, adapters, switches, firewall appliances, load balancers and servers. Knowledge of communication technologies such as wireless, mobile applications and telecommunications systems is also important.
This position requires:
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- 7+ years experience as a Network Engineer/Administrator
- 5-7+ years experience with Cisco Switches
- Experience with Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls preferred.
- Juniper experience preferred.
- Prefer experience with VMware, VM Vsphere, ESXi, etc.
- Cisco certifications (CCNP, CCIE) strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Must be U.S. Citizen as this position requires the ability to hold and maintain a DoD and DHS Secret Clearance.