Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives.
Position: Network Architect
Term: 3 months w/potential for conversion
The Network Architect is responsible for supporting the development of network architecture enabling the organization to meet business objectives. The position supports designing technology solutions which will support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization. Analyzes business and IT requirements and ensures that systems will be secure and effectively integrated with current infrastructure. Ensures that all systems are working at optimal levels and offers support to Infrastructure Engineering and Application teams regarding new technologies and system requirements. Has thorough knowledge of infrastructure, network architecture, and Application Delivery.
The primary duties are: Architect and create roadmaps for all Infrastructure related technology, participates in conversations with vendors and internal business customers on long-term business goals and objectives, support fiscally reasonable designs and architecture, manages Life Cycle Management (LCM) for Infrastructure technologies, participates in project management efforts including Intake, Preliminary Design, Gather Requirements, architecture review boards and project oversight. Secondarily this position will support interactions for all IT initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Information Technology field or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 8+ years’ IT experience in roles of increasing technical responsibility.
- Demonstrated expert level understanding of network technologies. (ACI, SDN, SDWAN, routing, switching, firewalls, wireless, application load balancing, network visibility.)
- Demonstrated expert level understanding of network practices, and protocols. (MPLS/SR, optical networking, LISP, VXLAN, IPv4, IPv6, 802.1X, segmentation, QoS, IPAM.)
- 5+ years of experience designing network infrastructure for a large / complex network.
- 5+ years of experience designing highly available infrastructure and services for a 24x7 environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of network operations and support methodologies and processes.
- Experience with infrastructure and network automation platforms and coding. (Postman, Terraform, Ansible, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Internet policy and design. (ARIN, IRR, IXPs, BGP policy design, RPKI, DDoS mitigation.)
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in cloud networking design for both hybrid and cloud native deployments.
- Skills in general architecture, operations, or deployment methodologies and techniques
- 5+ years software development, maintenance and/or technical support experience
- Effective communication skills to interact with all levels of technology and business partners
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Experience delivering concurrent, large information management projects at all phases-from project definition through design and delivery.
- Solid understanding and applied expertise in solutions architecture designs and concepts, which include but are not limited to: SDLC Process, Security, high availability, recovery, performance, monitoring and operations design
- Public speaking experience in front of large groups and executives
- Experience working with vague requirements and/or within organizations that are non-structured
- Master’s degree in IT or health informatics
- Healthcare Industry specific knowledge that includes a working knowledge of industry standards and architectures
- SECOps experience